GameCube Games Could be Downloadable on Wii U

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
maura-albums-pictures-picture8674-wii-u.jpg
[FONT=&amp]
According to a report on Eurogamer, GameCube games will be available to download to the Wii U via WiiWare. Nintendo of America executive Amber McCollom said in an interview with NintendoGal that although GameCube discs will not be playable on the Wii U, their downloadable version will be, via WiiWare. Eurogamer questions whether the mention of WiiWare was simply a mistake by McCollom, as on the Wii the WiiWare service is exclusively for original games, with the Virtual Console being the place to get retro Nintendo games. Is it possible that WiiWare for Wii U will offer revamped GameCube games with added extras for download? And will this mean an increase in memory size for the Wii U, to allow for the much bigger (1.4GB) GameCube games? Nintendo has yet to make any further statement on McCollom’s comments, but it seems logical, indeed possibly even necessary, that the Wii U will have a much greater memory capacity than that of the Wii. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-07-20-gamecube-games-via-wiiware-on-wii-u[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]http://www.nintendogal.com/2011/07/19/nintendogal-com-interviews-amber-mccollom-e3-2011/7180/[/FONT]

lol im with yall two. whats the point of wasting money to download gamecube games where you can buy gc games under 30 dollars.

Or... I can just keep my Wii and buy cube games for minimum costs.

Fourth'd.

But for games that're nigh-impossible to find or still expensive, like Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (the only copy I found was scratched beyond repair...), I'd probably use this service for such ones.

Its a possibility since the Wii U and Game Cube are separated by the wii. I say this because the PS1 and PS33 are separated by the PS2 and now PS1 games are up for download on the Playstation Network. I also agree that buying GC games for low cost at retailers is a good option because even if they DO start putting up GC titles for download, that doesn't mean that ALL titles will make the cut.

I already got the games I need no point in buying a wiiu for me. I will stay away from this one nintendo! The wiiu gonna cost like 350 bucks im passing

So you own a hundred Gamecube games, or are your tastes in GC games a very small niche? =P

Yeah, it'l be expensive. But from your other posts I've seen, you're clearly a mario fan. If I were you, I simply couldn't avoid the WiiU. At the least, I'd buy it once the price drops. But avoid it all together? I call that crazy talk. :lol:

its luigifan to you ssbfreak! and I hate mario really.I only have like 12 gc games. and I might wait till the price drops too. MIGHT! like how the wii did
images

The Wii's price was $250... Waiting for even that to drop means you're a stingy buyer, eh? :lol:

31.jpg

Back