Gamecube games for Wii owners

This is a good thread, as I'm in the same boat as the thread starter and I bet there are many of us out there. :thumbsup: I have been out of the console market since the 16 bit generation and then I had a Genesis, no SNES. I'm probably pretty alone in making such a late comeback. Hehehe.

Is there a good website someone can recommend that has objective analysis of these games? I'd like to check on some of these that you guys mention. I suppose I could just use amazon.com.

http://cube.ign.com will provide you with reviews, videos, and screenshots of the games. those games were all generally awarded high reviews so any bias that may exist doesn't matter that much.

You stole mine! How 'bout just goin' to www.nintendo.com ? You can get some good reviews. Also check Nintendo Power (I have been subscribing for 4 years). They have reviews in the back, a game-watch forcast, and an awesome community section!

Definitely worth picking up Metroid and Zelda games, as well as Mario Sunshine and Resident Evil 4. Also worth checking out: Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, and the Timesplitters games.

Obviously get SSBM (just picked after 2 years of not playing b/c I had sold my GC and it's great), Viewtiful Jo 1 and 2, heard Giest was good, and Cel Damage (it's like Mario Kart but cel-shaded, strange characters, and great weapons).

Definitely worth picking up Metroid and Zelda games, as well as Mario Sunshine and Resident Evil 4.

Those are the four Ive picked up so far.. Keeping my eyes peeled for several other well reviewed games. RE4 is the only one Ive played so far and it is absolutely fantastic!(Im not a RE fan at all btw)

I love the fact that the Wii is so versatile, now we can own all the greatest games for every system we had growin up :) Soon as the VC catches up atleast.

Try Fire Emblem: Path of Radience if you like action and...not exactly chess, but a gridded strategy game.:yesnod:

GC games on the Wii

Just became a Wii owner (gr8). Does anyone know if I can use my Warioware or Tiger Wood 6 golf GC games on the Wii ? Have the Wii arcade controler but it doesn't seem to function for these games ? Any clues ????:confused:

Redan499 said:
Time Splitters 2. Most Gamestops sell the used copies at $6. Its a great game if youre into FPSs
Yes. That game is awesome, and just drop by your local Gamestop or EBgames and they'll often have a stuffed "Used Gamecube Games" Rack.

There's some good stuff for it.

Back