Gamecube Games on Wii: Recommendations requested

Bridgeboy

WiiChat Member
Mar 19, 2007
I recently bought a Wii specifically to play Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess because of all its great (perfect) reviews. I am currently playing LoZ:TP and I am having fun, but when I'm finished, there is not much of any other Wii games that really catches my interest at the time. I have owned and still owned an Xbox and an Xbox 360, however; I've never owned a Gamecube, and there are several highly rated games for Gamecube that I never played that I thought I may want to try now that I have a Wii. Specifically, Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime received very high ratings and reviews in the past.

So, the purpose for this post is for anyone to suggest any Gamecube games that they thought were good and that they would recommend for play on the Wii.

Graphics are important to me, although not paramount if a game is good otherwise (LoZ:TP is a good example....it may have good graphics for the Wii, or Gamecube, but it definitely has much poorer quality graphics than the Xbox 360 games for instance, but it is a fun game to play so the graphic quality isn't that important). I play on a 61" 1080P HDTV and I use the component cables with the Wii. By the way, are all Gamecube games 480i or are some 480P?

Also, would you suggest that I buy the Wii Classic Controller, or should I buy a Gamecube controller, or does it make a difference?

Since I've never owned a Gamecube, and I'm only just a beginner with the Wii, any other suggestions or thoughts fon this subject will be welcomed as well.

Thanks! :)

Get Resident Evil. I never had a gamecube but my uncle gave me all his gamcube stuff a month ago. You got to get Resedent Evil 4 and the Zelda Collecters Edition

Ok i am in the same boat as you. I never had a gamecube so I just bought a used copy of Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime 2 and they are both really good so far. You will have to buy a gc controller though to play gc games as the classic controller only works on the virtual console. I bought a wavebird for $30 at Target. I know for sure I am going to get the rest of the Resident Evil series for the gamecube. I believe there are like 6 different ones. I plan to get Mario Sunshine and the Zelda games. I'd like to hear some more suggestions from people who had gamecube's.

Except for Resident Evil(1), RE4 and RE zero, the others (re2, re3) are just ports.

Yup Mario Kart: Double Dash! Fun game! Also, Super Smash Bros. Melee, since Brawl probably the most anticipated game for wii.

Viewtiful Joe is a fun game but kinda hard (for me anyway, although the one for DS, while equally awesome isn't as difficult). I also am going to try and get Resident Evil 4. I hope it's as good as they say.

But in regards to getting a classic controller vs. gamecube controller. DEFINITELY get the gamecube WAVE BIRD. It's a bit pricey but it beats the stuffing out of your other options, especially better than sitting all close to the wii because youve got a short wire on a regular gamecube controller.

I bought a wavebird so i could play Ocarina of Time from the virtual console, it is SOOOOOO convenient to just sit there and switch from one game to another to another to another, without ever having to get up and plug this in or that in.

Yeah i suggest the wavebird especially with your 61 inch tv will look like crap 3 feet away with a wired controller. Also i suggest getting resident evil 4 and mario kart. Also cheap time wasters since you've never played a GC get super mario sunshine and primal fury, they can't be over 10 bucks.

I'm in the same boat. I just bought mario sunshine and loving it so far. I also ordered metroid 2 (my brother has the first which I'll trade with him for until I beat the first one) and resident evil 4.

I really want Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem and Beyond Good and Evil. If you like zelda, reviews say that Beyond Good and Evil is like a grown up zelda type game. I want it really bad but it's hard to find for cheap, it's fairly rare. And let's not forget LoZ: Wind Waker if you liked zelda, although its very different from TP. I already have that but prolly won't play it very soon. Many loved it, many didn't (mostly cause of it's style and kiddishness).

People suggest Tales of Symphonia if you want an RPG, or Baiten Kaitos. Gonna finish the gamecube games I bought already first though. A newer game that was released in 2006 that looks cool is Chibi Robo, but it also looks kind of kiddish so I'm gonna wait on that one too. As someone mentioned the IGN Top 25 is a good place to look too.

I already have a gamecube controller, my brother doesn't play his much so I took one of his, I'll prolly pick up a wavebird when I start making money again in the summer.

Check out www.hitgaming.com for cheap new gamecube games. Shipping is somewhat expensive but it evens out cause the prices are marked down and I highly prefer new copies to used ones. I'm weird like that.

Last edited:
Back