Gamecube Games on Wii: Recommendations requested

Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Sunshine, Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader, Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike, Wave Race, F Zero GX, Zelda, Resident Evil, Metroid Prime.. all very good Gamecube games.

Some games although the Gamecube versions are great i'll wait for the updated Wii version, such as Smash Bros.

I currently have Mario Kart Double Dash, Resident Evil and Metroid Prime which i borrowed from a friend. I own Rogue Squadron III (it was $8!) and hope to get F Zero GX, Rogue Squadron II and Mario Sunshine cheap too.

Thanks for all the replies!!!

I already played Beyond Good & Evil on my Xbox; it was pretty good at the time.

I guess I'll have to consider and look into these Mario games that everyone keeps mentioning. I previously had not payed them any attention because they seemed so cartoonish and kiddish. Do older gamers like those Mario games as well?

I think Mario Sunshine definately is somewhat kiddish, but the level of difficulty surprises me. It is a very robust game with lots to do and many challenges. The tasks are varied enough to have kept my attention all week. I have 42 or so Shine Sprites, I believe there are 120 total, but I'm sure they'll be harder to get the more I get. Despite it's kiddishness I think they did a great job with the game, its very worthy of the mario name. I loved Mario 64, somehow this one seems more kiddish, but its growing on me the more I play.

Skorp said:
I think Mario Sunshine definately is somewhat kiddish, but the level of difficulty surprises me. It is a very robust game with lots to do and many challenges. The tasks are varied enough to have kept my attention all week. I have 42 or so Shine Sprites, I believe there are 120 total, but I'm sure they'll be harder to get the more I get. Despite it's kiddishness I think they did a great job with the game, its very worthy of the mario name. I loved Mario 64, somehow this one seems more kiddish, but its growing on me the more I play.

1. Hm...I'm starting to think that you think this game is kiddish.
2. How is it "kiddish", let alone more kiddish than Super Mario 64?

It's Mario...do you expect endless gore and ominous darkness?

....ANYWAY, I'd suggest Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Resident Evil 4, Soul Caliber 2, if your into sports, maybe some skateboarding (Tony Hawk), football (Madden, 2005 is a good one), or basketball (NBA Live).

Well I just got home with a new Nintendo Wavebird controller and Resident Evil 4.

I have batteries in the Wavebird, its turned on, the receiver is plugged into the Wii through a gamecube port, both set to the same channel and nothing happens. How do you get the Wavebird to work with the Wii?? Thanks!

EDIT: I figured it out....it doesn't work in the Wii menu but after you start the Gamecube game then you start using the gamecube controller and it works....

Last edited:
My GC game ratings

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door 10.0 (get it. best game I have ever played)
Super Smash bros. Melee: 9.5
Mario Party 6&7: 9.0
Mario Party 5: 8.0
Super Mario Sunshine: 8.5 (fun but not the best Mario game. Very different)
Mario Kart: Double Dash!: 7.5 (too easy to me)
Super Mario Strikers: 8.5
Mario Superstar Baseball: 9.0 (best baseball game made)
Metroid Prime 2: 9.0 (very fun, although heread that the first is better)
Luigi's Mansion: 7.5 (really not a great game, but decent)
Pikmin: 9.0 (a very fun, yet very wierd game)
Animal Crossing: 9.25 (couldn't deside. A fun and very very addicting game)

Well I have more games but can't think of them now.

Hope this list helps!

Back