Gamecube on Wii, controller problems?

heggi88

WiiChat Member
Oct 8, 2007
Just recently got my Wii, and was really looking forward to the part where Gamecube works as well.

In some other forum posts i see that it sais that there are 4 outputs for GC memory cards or Controllers, yet i can find the TWO outputs for the memory cards, but none for the gamecube controllers. Are my GC controllers different? There output (the gc controllers) is more circular, the output on my wii is rectangular and only fits for my game cards.

So i buy that old school model for gamecube play thinking perhaps that will make a difference. It's cord fits into the bottom part of my Wii controller, but when i start up Gamecube games, it just goes to the start of the game, and sais press start, but i cant press start. While on the wii menu when i first begin my wii, i can use the controller, but once i click into the game to start that up, it seems the controller doesnt even work.

I would really appreciate any help on this. Getting really confused.

ok there r two openings for the memory card and the controllers, no they r side by side and saying that u should find it

There are two ports, both with the exact same design side by side, and those are for the Memory cards, my GC controllers dont fit into those. There are no other ports on the top of my gamecube or on any side that fit my GC controllers..

heggi88 said:
There are two ports, both with the exact same design side by side, and those are for the Memory cards, my GC controllers dont fit into those. There are no other ports on the top of my gamecube or on any side that fit my GC controllers..

to get to the memory card slots you must have lifted up a little white plastic lid, next to this is another one which opens the same way, have a look in the manual if your not sure

There are two panels.
One has the memory cards, thats the one your talking about.
But right beside it is another panel with the circular gamecube ports you are looking for. Just lift it up :thumbsup:

somone get a pic up in here lol

edit:
Wiitangle.jpg

Last edited:
heggi88 said:
Just recently got my Wii, and was really looking forward to the part where Gamecube works as well.

In some other forum posts i see that it sais that there are 4 outputs for GC memory cards or Controllers, yet i can find the TWO outputs for the memory cards, but none for the gamecube controllers. Are my GC controllers different? There output (the gc controllers) is more circular, the output on my wii is rectangular and only fits for my game cards.

So i buy that old school model for gamecube play thinking perhaps that will make a difference. It's cord fits into the bottom part of my Wii controller, but when i start up Gamecube games, it just goes to the start of the game, and sais press start, but i cant press start. While on the wii menu when i first begin my wii, i can use the controller, but once i click into the game to start that up, it seems the controller doesnt even work.

I would really appreciate any help on this. Getting really confused.

First off the wii is 100% game cube compatible with the exception of certain accessories. Second you cant play Game Cube games with the wii-mote you have to use the Game Cube controller. Third if you have your wii in its standing position then if you look at the top of the console there will be two flaps the smaller one being for memory cards and the larger flap for the game cube Controller so you should read the manual more often for more info.

Come on guys...if you look at it with the small flap open, it is kind of tough to see that the other flap is even there. Especially if he just got the system. I mean, who expects the entire side of a system to open up like that? (that doesn't already know about it)

Is this Kid serious?:wtf:

Jk

This is the worst topic thread ever how old r u like 3?

Hes right, easily noticeable and liftable covers are hard to see these days.
My apologies.

CantGetAWii said:
Hes right, easily noticeable and liftable covers are hard to see these days.
My apologies.

LOL...Suck it Trebek. I put mine on its side, and while looking at it from that angle the little groove where it pops open is barely visible. The memory card one is right there but the controller one is a little harder to notice. Go put it on its side and see what i'm talking about.

Last edited:
Back