Gamecube VC hep for a noob please :)

pbeesley

I'm The Crazy One
Dec 18, 2006
Bournemouth / UK
Wii Online Code
8622-2818-8336-9466
right firstly sorry if this has been posted before (i did do a search honest)

I've got a few VC games mainly mario kart. I got it because I thought It would be easy to get a gamecube controller working....but it won't. I've got it plugged into the first slot but the screen just says something about needing a classic controller? also tried getting bomberman 93 to work 5 player but again still couldn't get it working.... has anyone got any hints to help me out?

i got a third party gamecube controller and it works great. ignore the info that says you need a classic controller. if there a cube controller sign next to the VC game on the shopping channel then you can use that controller.

I think you need one. I have one so I dont have that problem. But GC controller doesnt have anything missing that a classic controller wouldnt.

This is an odd problem. My VC games worked with my GCN controller as soon as I plugged it in. Make sure that the game is compatible with the Gamecube controller and that your controller slots are working correctly. If the problem persists contact Nintendo and ask them about it.

Make sure it's plugged into the right controller slot. It should be in the slot closest to the front of the Wii.
Which seems backward compared to the GameCube if you turn the Wii so that you are facing the GC ports.

Interesting... I got the same message as you when i booted up Mario Kart, but my gamecube controller worked right off the bat. all i did was hit the A button and i was off. maybe you had a loose connection?

Some 3rd party controllers don't work with (some?) VC titles.
For instance, I have an 'Antsig' GC controller which is no good for VC Mario64, but my Wavebird works fine.

Back