Gamecube Zelda vs. Wii Zelda

Well I'm right handed and when I read this I decided to change hands just to see what would happen and you know what? I could still play fine my hand was a bit shakey aiming I must say but I could control link with the nunchuk in my right hand as well as in my left with no problems.

Wii LoZ >> GC LoZ For controls, aspect ratio and controls! Seriously I could not imagine playing this game using a cube controller and damn right of Nintendo not to give the option of using one, should all games give the option of normal controls? If so then whats the point of having new controls if you don't even have to use them ¬_¬

Taero said:
Wii LoZ >> GC LoZ For controls, aspect ratio and controls! Seriously I could not imagine playing this game using a cube controller and damn right of Nintendo not to give the option of using one, should all games give the option of normal controls? If so then whats the point of having new controls if you don't even have to use them ¬_¬

The controls on the Wii are by far better. I recently just picked up my wavebird for the first time in a few months.
O.O
damn....was that thing a freakin beast. Compare to playing the Wii, i could never imagine ever go back to to the GC controller.
Yeah well at first i was really bummed that LoZ wouldn't be able to use the GC controllers. Then reviews of people playing it changed my mind. So i went and got it, played it....and wholy crap, it feels so natural after a 10-20 mins of playing. I mean there are some things that could be worked out (Spin attack anyone?) but its very nice none the less.

Anyways, didn't Nintendo say it would be equally as comfortable for a left handed player to play like a right handed player? Then again they might just do that to convine left handed players, but who knows?

Graphics, i am a little mad that Nintendo didn't take the time to actually integrate Wii graphical capabilities into the Wii version of Loz. But really, we'd be waiting even longer for it. I'm fine with the graphics, its not like they're horrible, there just not the best. But you must keep in mind it is only a GC port.

Hi. Sorry I'm new here and I've just gotten a Wii (having too much fun in Wii Sports to play anything else) and I've got a question about The Legend of Zelda.

I'm not entirely used to the idea of the wiimote for adventure games and I'm eager to play the Legend of Zelda, but I just want to know if the GameCube version will play on the Wii?

Gunmetal_ink said:
Hi. Sorry I'm new here and I've just gotten a Wii (having too much fun in Wii Sports to play anything else) and I've got a question about The Legend of Zelda.

I'm not entirely used to the idea of the wiimote for adventure games and I'm eager to play the Legend of Zelda, but I just want to know if the GameCube version will play on the Wii?

It sure does:smilewinkgrin:

Colmino said:
Camera control! Holy crap. Yes indeed, in any third-person game, camera control isn't just an afterthought.. it's demanded. How does the Wii version handle this? No control at all? The camera just sort of follows the leader?

the camera control on the wii isnt bad. the camera moves itself, but can be centered on the back of link at any time with the touch of the z button, making it not an issue... there is also use of a first person "look" control that allows you to survey anything you need to.

overall im satisfied with the camera control and in love with the control scheme throughout the game

i like wii version. only problem i have is sometimes i do spin attack instead of shield attack. camera angle was no problem at all for me.

Back