Gamecube?

zxzxander said:
Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters? yeah i remember that one. it was great. i think i have it. ima go play it now : p

thats the one!! ahh i never had kid icarus on NES and as soon as i get more points for xmas this year im guna get that one first...kid icarus was suhweet

and hey...lucky...i wish i still had my game boy...i dont even my advance any more, no handhelds for me :sick:

me brian said:
you can already play gamecube games on the wii so no

Yeah, exactly. I highly doubt they would try to put GC games into the VC considering they already worked on making the Wii backwards compatible for the GC.

Sooner or later Gamecube games will slowly dissapear from the markets.(due to stop of Gamecube production) Why use disc compatability as an excuse if you cant find any of the games for it.Im just saying maybe later this could be a suggestion.

$$$$$ - money is a good reason to put GC games on the VC........

its not like its going to cost Nintendo to make games avail on the VC.......I really think they are selling those Wii point cards like crazy.

A lot of people never bought a GC and would like to download games on their Wii.

Those of you who say there is no reason to put GC games on the VC forget what drives all of this............$$$$$$$$$$$$

Wamoo said:
I dont want to be the guy thats asked this question for the millionth time, but do you think wii shop chanel will be selling gamecube games anytime soon?
Take a look at the VC and see which consoles they have listed, then look around your Wii, what do all the games in VC have in common that the Wii does not have? A cartridge slot, and why make the Wii with cartridge slots when they can be downloaded and have consoles added much easier to the VC?

But at the same time, take a look at a gamecube game, it's already in disc form, why waste internal memory of something that is already in a disc form?

So, not only will Nintendo NOT but GC in the VC, there is no reason to, and would be a lot more trouple than it's worth

gamechaser001 said:
Take a look at the VC and see which consoles they have listed, then look around your Wii, what do all the games in VC have in common that the Wii does not have? A cartridge slot, and why make the Wii with cartridge slots when they can be downloaded and have consoles added much easier to the VC?

But at the same time, take a look at a gamecube game, it's already in disc form, why waste internal memory of something that is already in a disc form?

So, not only will Nintendo NOT but GC in the VC, there is no reason to, and would be a lot more trouple than it's worth

I guess I have to argue with every new guy that posts.

Ok,drive to your local game store, take a look around, you see that shelf with only like 5 games on it. Thats the gamecube shelf.Notice how everytime you come in here it seems to get smaller and smaller. Thats because Nintendo has stop production of Gamecube games.So whats the point of have a disc slot, if you cant find any games.No one has every gamecube game ever made ( I personally only have 3) but sooner or later when all the games are gone (like dreamcast) your gonna want to play Super Mario Sunshine.

TortillaChip520 said:
yeah, but they'd then have to make gamecube games compatible w/ the classic controller

Cant they just use the gamecube controller :\ im sure everyone has one.And if not I think nintendo can make it dual compatible with the controllers.

Last edited:
not EVERYBODY has a gamecube controller. after all, this console is aimed at people who are new to gaming. and besides, people won't be happy having to buy ANOTHER controller just to play virtual console.

I agree with the other users on here, there's no point. I don't see the market in buying Gamecube games that are already available, only to fill up the memory on your wii. It just seems nonsensical

No considering it would never fit on the Wii's flash memory. Even if you used one of those 2 GB memory card (which would be pushing it) you would still need to copy it to the Wii's flash memory to play it and which would be impossible for how much memory Gamecube games take up.

Wamoo said:
I guess I have to argue with every new guy that posts.

Ok,drive to your local game store, take a look around, you see that shelf with only like 5 games on it. Thats the gamecube shelf.Notice how everytime you come in here it seems to get smaller and smaller. Thats because Nintendo has stop production of Gamecube games.So whats the point of have a disc slot, if you cant find any games.No one has every gamecube game ever made ( I personally only have 3) but sooner or later when all the games are gone (like dreamcast) your gonna want to play Super Mario Sunshine.

you will always be able to find gamecube games online so there is no reason to be able to download them to the wii. you can find any game online

Back