Gamefly

Zori

Wii Owner Since Launch
Oct 31, 2006
Yeah I know theres been topics on this before, but most of them have been people asking about how Gamefly is and if its worth it. Well I thought since Wii games were 50 bones and most could be beat in a few days, I would give gamefly a try. I rented Elebits 2 days ago(the day I signed up). The next day it shipped, and today just now it got to me. I think thats pretty fast but i got it good cuz I live maybe 20 mins away. I definitely recommend Gamefly for those $ concious especially if you live in or around CA.

Its the game rental company everyones been talking about. And btw, Elebits is awesome! Im currently doing the tutorial but wow it is so great, I might choose to keep it(40 bucks from gamefly to buy)

Yeah I have gamefly too...its not bad, seems like its slower service for me though (I live in cali also) seems like it takes them about 3-5 days to ship games add that to waiting...i might just go to blockbuster to rent not sure...

Yeah I have heard a lot of mixed opinions. But I'm right next to LA which is probably why it only takes a day, which is real great for me. So I guess if you live near LA do it XD but I figure if I wanted to rent a game 6 times from blockbuster to = one month thatd run me like $30+

when you buy the games for $40 do you get the complete game or just a disk?

and what about people who don't live in Cali?

I hope it's not too off-topic, but has anyone used GameznFlix? Gamefly is by far the more popular one, but GameznFlix is like $8 or $9 a month (for 1 game out), and you can choose movies if you don't feel like a game. I can't decide between the two...

I use gamefly. Getting games shipped to Maryland usually takes 3 - 4 days. But what really annoys the hell out of me is that it takes for freaking ever to get games back to them and have them update on your account.

theiceman72 said:
I use gamefly. Getting games shipped to Maryland usually takes 3 - 4 days. But what really annoys the hell out of me is that it takes for freaking ever to get games back to them and have them update on your account.

They probably do it on purpose, because you have no real way of knowing how long it takes. One of the advantages of them doing the shipping, you don't get a like a tracking code, they can take their sweet arse time.

yup its called bottlenecking...Netflix and many other online rental companies do it...it should be illegal IMO...but i guess it stops all those ppl that sign up for a month renting a game/movie one day, burning it and then shipping it back out...well atleast it slows them down

Yeah, I noticed it real back with Netflix. Back when WalMart did the online movie rental thing, at least for us, it was blazing fast. :) Very satisfied. Then they stopped and we had to go to Netflix. After a while, once we got fed up with the horrible turnaround, we stopped using them altogether.

Then again, I'm not sure if games would be quite as bad to wait a little bit longer than movies. With movies, you spend 1 1/2 hours (3 if you watch it twice) and send it back. With games, depending on how good they are, you could spend TONS of time playing them before sending them back. Plus, the time waiting could be study time. :)

Back