Gameplay

Wii Believe

WiiChat Member
Aug 23, 2006
Bourne, Lincs, England
hello ppl

just a few things

1. why is it called red steel wen there is no blood?

2. From wot i can from the videos and trailers the movement doesnt appear smooth, i imagined it would feel similar to a pc and mouse, i dunno if its cos the ppl playing are rubbish or if thts just the way it will look. If u watch the new trailer i think u will see wot i mean, a dragging effect is reli clear

thx

Wii Believe said:
hello ppl

just a few things

1. why is it called red steel wen there is no blood?

2. From wot i can from the videos and trailers the movement doesnt appear smooth, i imagined it would feel similar to a pc and mouse, i dunno if its cos the ppl playing are rubbish or if thts just the way it will look. If u watch the new trailer i think u will see wot i mean, a dragging effect is reli clear

thx
i know, it doesnt look smooth, but ubisoft have said that they ajusted the sensitivity sinse those videos were made because of player complaints.

Fact of the matter is, is that the people "playing" Red Steel on the trailer aren't actually playing it, they're miming:
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zea6FH1w1Zc[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydXop9hPo9Q[/MEDIA]
If you notice, some of the movements are EXACTLY the same. For example, the places where the guy shoot people in the frozen time clip, or the trying to shoot the guy with the swords' right foot (his right, our left).

Since we know it's pre-done (except the latest Trailer from Leipzig), and that all the actual gameplay footage of people playing is on handheld cameras that don't get the best footage, I think the all the graphical things that are meant to be "wrong" with it, may not be as bad as we think.

I like the visuals of Red Steel. It's not photo realistic, but then, it isn't meant to be. I wouldn't mind a bit of blood, though I'm not sure how some would take it to 'Kill Bill' style spraying when limbs get lopped off...

...Actually, I take that back, I would love it!

Back