GamePros's: SSBB, The good, the bad, and the ugly (SPOILERS)

samXcor3 said:
No even though it WAS halo 2.

Your saying I could go out and buy Halo 2 and basically have Halo 3 for half the cost, awesome.

Vigilante said:
Your saying I could go out and buy Halo 2 and basically have Halo 3 for half the cost, awesome.

yeah, the only difference is not as many people will be online with it.

samXcor3 said:
it adds a new element to the game, a new way to strategize. what my friend, would be evolving the game?? pardon me, evolving the game so that everyone likes it?

some people you just can't please, apparently
well without the chars to use them.....i dont think they do jack.

p.s. i still dont think items are gonna be a part of tourneys. nice try tho.

Lugia said:
well without the chars to use them.....i dont think they do jack.

p.s. i still dont think items are gonna be a part of tourneys. nice try tho.
i never said they were. i'm not an idiot.
you think the whole game should be rebuilt to satisfy tourney players? give me a break.

i agree this was honestly pointless, i don't know why so much people keep trying to bring down this game. Probably because they know its gonna be one of the biggest selling games this year. Personally the only thing i can think of that is negative about this game is that a couple of characters could of been replaced for even better characters (NOTICE i said only a couple) but honestly other then that this game is gonna be flawless and i am gonna buy it no matter what stupid article tries putting it down. [P.S. the only thing Halo 3 has over Halo 2 is a few MINOR tweaks. It is like comparing Dragonballz budokai tenkaichi 2 to part 3, almost identical.]

samXcor3 said:
i never said they were. i'm not an idiot.
you think the whole game should be rebuilt to satisfy tourney players? give me a break.
i dont think the game should revolve around tourney players but theres no learning curve in this game so you either like them or you dont. they can be as annoying as theyre fun so take your pick.

I'm pretty sure there's a learning curve in Brawl if not every game, unless I'm not understanding something.

Lugia said:
what do items have to do with evolving a game?

are you kidding me? items are really important in the nintendo universe

loz, link uses a wide variety of weapons/tools
metroid-samus recieves a lot of add-ons/power ups to her suit
mario-mario gets plenty of power ups ranging from tanuki to bee suits

if you fall behind in mario kart....what's a good way to get back into the game, items...

nintendo's all about the items, and they're important in nintendo games

and yeah they'res definitely a learning curve, put a new(or even average) person in the game against a pro with items on and see who wins

Hmm I have found a different approach to this article. Its really just making us made and its getting to us. So I'm just not gonna let it get to me. Just think most of us will have SSBB and they wont. See what there missing out on? Its there loss.

GIGA RIDLEY It's supposed to be opinionated, that's what a review is. Bias you mean?
it sounds like they haven't played the game yet. So their opinion is pretty much as good as ours.

mushroomedmario said:
nintendo's all about the items, and they're important in nintendo games

and yeah they'res definitely a learning curve, put a new(or even average) person in the game against a pro with items on and see who wins
this game isnt all about items. if you play with items the game is luck and if you play without them its trial and error. theres no learning curve because alot of the game is a grind rather then teaching you to do certain things to progress. i would learn more from playing a hard cpu without items then i would doing any other mode. why do you think in that other article they complained about button mashers? because the game doesnt teach you anything else. heres what they teach ya - A or B+some direction gives you some attack and you can jump. have fun. - that isnt going to tell me anything i didnt already know!

actually, this review does seem a bit sketchy...

could we get a link?

It does take some skill to use items in certain sitiuations, depending on which items you use.

Last edited:
Gamepro can shove everything up their asses.

Seriously, they don't take into account that more than 1 kirby character was the most wanted, etc.

These guys are just here to make good games look bad and throw it at our faces.

Back