GamePros's: SSBB, The good, the bad, and the ugly (SPOILERS)

AoWFraggit said:
actually, this review does seem a bit sketchy...

could we get a link?

I don't have a link because a got it straight out of the magazine itself.

Lugia said:
this game isnt all about items. if you play with items the game is luck and if you play without them its trial and error. theres no learning curve because alot of the game is a grind rather then teaching you to do certain things to progress. i would learn more from playing a hard cpu without items then i would doing any other mode. why do you think in that other article they complained about button mashers? because the game doesnt teach you anything else. heres what they teach ya - A or B+some direction gives you some attack and you can jump. have fun. - that isnt going to tell me anything i didnt already know!

.......you don't know much about this game and it's techniques do you?

again there's a learning curve, put an average player against a pro with items, and the average person wouldn't even be able to pick up an item.......and yeah the pro will do a lot more than what's described your second last sentence

best way to train is against actual people, as cpu's get predictable.....there are many faults as why training against a cpu can slow you down

the internet can teach you plenty of stuff, look at advanced techniques, there are tons of them......

and items don't make it 100% luck, i personally perfer items, yes they get in the way of advanced techniques, so i tend not to wavedash or anything when i'm in an actual match, but they bring ina different strategy

anyone can dodge a bat thrown at them, but there's strategy to set up your opponent so he can't dodge the bat....

and i didn't say this game was about items, you obviously missed my point, which wasn't too hard to get, i quoted you for a reason, my point was that items upgrade a game, seeing as in every nintendo game there are new items,

Lugia said:
one point id just like to make is that the wii is supposed to revolutionize the video game interface instead of be about graphics while SSBB is not a game you really need the wii for. you need nintendo for it but its more a gamecube style game then a wii style game.

I respect your opinion and all, but despite the fact that the Wii is a revolutionary console, I don't think that all games have to revolutionize in the same way (i.e. control) that the console does. For Brawl, I think it was far more important that they just enhanced the Smash Bros. formula.

Lugia said:
this game isnt all about items. if you play with items the game is luck and if you play without them its trial and error.

this isn't the SATs , it's a video game.
if you are serious enough about the game to take it online, i'm pretty sure you went through a learning curve and don't button mash and suck.

Druidan said:
I respect your opinion and all, but despite the fact that the Wii is a revolutionary console, I don't think that all games have to revolutionize in the same way (i.e. control) that the console does. For Brawl, I think it was far more important that they just enhanced the Smash Bros. formula.
thats their problem with the game, not mine. i wouldnt play it any other way then using a gamecube controller.
samXcor3 Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia
this game isnt all about items. if you play with items the game is luck and if you play without them its trial and error.

this isn't the SATs , it's a video game.
if you are serious enough about the game to take it online, i'm pretty sure you went through a learning curve and don't button mash and suck.
what in 1 player mode would teach me how to advance my play anymore then a person? you dont have to button mash to suck. hahahaha

mushroomedmario said:
.......you don't know much about this game and it's techniques do you?

again there's a learning curve, put an average player against a pro with items, and the average person wouldn't even be able to pick up an item.......and yeah the pro will do a lot more than what's described your second last sentence

best way to train is against actual people, as cpu's get predictable.....there are many faults as why training against a cpu can slow you down

the internet can teach you plenty of stuff, look at advanced techniques, there are tons of them......

and items don't make it 100% luck, i personally perfer items, yes they get in the way of advanced techniques, so i tend not to wavedash or anything when i'm in an actual match, but they bring ina different strategy

anyone can dodge a bat thrown at them, but there's strategy to set up your opponent so he can't dodge the bat....

and i didn't say this game was about items, you obviously missed my point, which wasn't too hard to get, i quoted you for a reason, my point was that items upgrade a game, seeing as in every nintendo game there are new items,
i agree with most of this. there is a learning curve. you cant just pick it up and be able to be pro. you have to learn the techniques and moves of each character and how to use them. i dont think items add strategy though. i believe they add entertainment value. and yes CPU's get very predictable. personally if there's noone to play with and i want to practice its all about training mode so oyu can practice techniques and combos. although c-stick combo's cant be practiced in training unfortunately

spiff-ssbb said:
i agree with most of this. there is a learning curve. you cant just pick it up and be able to be pro. you have to learn the techniques and moves of each character and how to use them. i dont think items add strategy though. i believe they add entertainment value. and yes CPU's get very predictable. personally if there's noone to play with and i want to practice its all about training mode so oyu can practice techniques and combos. although c-stick combo's cant be practiced in training unfortunately

Hopefully they add a level 10 computer for insane.

Instead of 1-9.

Seriously, sometimes we need a challenge and a level 9 just won't cut it for ****.

Shion said:
Hopefully they add a level 10 computer for insane.

Instead of 1-9.

Seriously, sometimes we need a challenge and a level 9 just won't cut it for ****.
ya or just tweak the system and give the level nine's some intelligence or di ability. as of now metagames can only be practiced against a human

Back