games for one arm players

Wicke [CONIN]

WiiChat Member
Nov 10, 2006
I've been looking for games which I can play with my right hand. I was told that I could play the FPS games with the 'zapper'. Is this true?

Also, is there a list somewhere showing games for one handed people? Looking at games at a retail store shows the nuchuk and regular remote on the back top left corner of the box. Does that mean that the game can only be played by using both remotes?

Any help I can get would be great.

Much appreciated.

You are right Wicke.
If it has a pic on the back with the nunchuck you will need 2 hands.
If it only has a pic with the Wiimote it will be fine.
The official Wii Zapper wouldnt work too well one handed. Some of the other peripherals may though?

when you go looking for games just look at the back of the case...
it will tell you how many players and what remotes are required to play...

so aslong as it has just the wiimote emblem and not a nunchuck or some other add on controller... then thats all you need.. and you could play it with one hand no problem... hope that helps, might be a list somehow on nintendos web site to find out all of them before you shop...

Last edited:
ya wii fit would be a good one for you whenever it reaches your area... uses the feet mostly and one wii mote i havnt seen a clip of the nun chuck in it anyways...

and just so you know alot of games you can skip the nunchuck parts all togehter for people who havent bought them yet... like mario party 8 its optional you will loose some mini games but thats it....

there's one game that's an exception to the rule, and thats Mario Party 8 as far as I know. Im sure on the back it shows the wiimote and the nunchuck, however I've played simultaneously with the 3 other people and all everyone had was a wiimote, no nunchuck.

Oh yeah, Mario & Sonic @ The Olympic games is the same way and will allow for single controller use.

Only drawback may be that you're working that one hand more vigorously since you are just using one hand.

i haven't played a FPS that didn't require both hands, Even Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 arcade game, you might be able to get by with one hand but you should have 2, and that game isn't good enough to buy if you're only going to play arcade mode anyway. Yeah the zapper really needs 2 hands.
Tiger Woods 08 is one handed and a lot of the games in wiiplay are one handed(however the game gets boring quick but if you want another wiimote its worth it. exite truck is "playable" one handed. i say that because you'll be able to accell., brake and steer with one hand(righty only i think though, can't filp it to lefty from what i know) but to do tricks or give a nitro boost you'll need another hand. The game is fun, but i'm not sure if it's worth the price anyway nevermind if you're getting a limited experience.

kyle

So the zapper is out of the question then?

Is it not possible for the nunchuk trigger to shoot and the nunchuk toggle to move? I see the other trigger on the zapper up front but is that the only way to shoot?

I was hoping for the remotes to be customizable (like a mouse).

Thanks for the help.

some of them allow for custom controlelr settings like most other games... you could try rigging up the Z or C button on the nunchuck to act as the B button "trigger" and then you could probably use the Zapper or something of the type, and be able to play most of the shooter games...

really i wish they would have released the original concept to ther gun where the controll stick is directly ontop the gun that would have made for nice 1 handed gun play... they might make something like it soon... i think they went with the zapper for cost reasons...

If you want to try something on your own later on let me know... i wouldnt mind cracking open a wiimot and nunchuck and try to rig up something that would work for ya... keep in mind though thats 60 bucks to even try...lol

Wii sports (except boxing), Wii play, Wario ware smooth moves, A lot of Rayman Raving rabbids, you can be the 2nd player in Mario Galaxy, but all you can do it wave the wii mote and collect Star bits for player 1, could be fun, umm thats all i can think of for now that you can use 1 hand.

Madden 08 has a "family" option that is only one hand. I have a similar situation with my handicapable son, and really like the ICONs on the back of the games as a reference

Back