Games jagged.

Copyright

WiiChat Member
Sep 20, 2007
I have a 65" rear projection CRT HDTV 1080i. The games look pretty bad on this tv and I know its not the TV as the games on my xbox look perfect. The oldschool downloaded games play and look awful. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Ive had the superNES and N64 but this console plays the games nothing how they looked on those two consoles. I ordered some component cables for 480p but after reading all the bad luck ppl are having with these I think I will have the same problem.

I have the component cable and it's not given me any problems. Now I only have a 52" rear projection RCA HDTV 1080i but I'm not experiencing those issues. My images are very clear with and without the component cable. You may find that you have a bad cable, which could not effect your games that have a higher definition and graphics (wii games) but could show the effects a lot more so on these games with more cartoonish looking animations. You may find a world of difference in this other cable.

Last edited:
Actually, the component cable make a big difference. Everything gets sharper at 480p. I'd wait till you get the component cables before loosing hope. Good Luck!

Thanks for the info guys. Ill wait untill the cable comes in and give it a shot. Im still happy with my purchase as this thing brings back some memories.

Yeah ive heard that too.... Ive seen a ton of before and after shots and it still looks better with the component cables.... IF mine even works right with them.

You might want to post some photos to give people a better idea of what you're talking about. When you say "jagged" I think "anti-aliasing", which isn't a cabling issue.

Yes, im sure alot of what im seeing is lack of AA. The quality of the emulators is nothing like what the orginal SuperNES console produced. Atleast not what im seeing.

I don't play virtual-console games on the Wii and I never owned a SNES or N64, so I can't comment on that. What I can say is that as far as I can tell. the Wii does absolutely no anti-aliasing whatsoever. It's rather bizarre, since even basic 2x FSAA has been around for so long now and on the PC it's measured up to 64x. You think the Wii could handle something, but I guess not...?

Agreed... even 2x AA would be a big help if it currently has 0.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure the Wii has some half-ass alternate Anti-Aliasing methods but no/not many games make use of it.
And yes, overall component cables are worth getting, the aliasing is the only bad thing.

The component cables are a must imo (assuming you have a decent tv capable of 480p). The difference the cables make is huge, better colours, sharper picture and everything looks much better, perhaps maybe aside from RE4, the jaggies tend to be more obvious.

I see my TV can do 540P so hopefully its 480P capable. If not ill just keep the cables until I get an LCD later on. The Wii games dont look to bad. Its pretty much just the emulator games that look awful.

Cables worked out great and all games look a good amount better. I used the cheap Nyko cables.

Speaking of HD crap, I have a 26' Magnavox flatscreen and my Xbox looks horrible on it. Do I need component cables to make it look better? The box looks fine on my big ol' tube tv.

And I'm buying a PS3 soon, so how do I know what my tv supports? 720, 1080?

Back