Games like "Myst" series

akjarvie

WiiChat Member
Dec 7, 2009
California
Hey there -
I'm looking for a game that's much like the old PC game "Myst". Anything comparable on Wii? I guess you'd say I'm looking for a single player adventure game that offers riddles n such. Also - doesn't have to be a new one either. Just a challenging game that I can play for a bit and pick up later.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Alex

Hey there -
I'm looking for a game that's much like the old PC game "Myst". Anything comparable on Wii? I guess you'd say I'm looking for a single player adventure game that offers riddles n such. Also - doesn't have to be a new one either. Just a challenging game that I can play for a bit and pick up later.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Alex

I did some searching,u that Myst is also for the DS or DSI here's the link for that http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/q_jm3TRJQBXx19QH5lvgxqOzfwfEVGxU

i can't think of anything for the wii...Sorry :(

Not familiar with one with "riddles." Though from my knowledge the best games that I've played involving puzzles are the Zelda series. Latest one for the Wii being Twilight Princess though the old ones are available through Virtual Console.

I will look deeper into this because this "Myst" series sounds interesting to me.

Thanks for the help. The only game I have is Tiger Woods All-Play.... given recent events, I'm boycotting his game.

Heard good things about the latest Zelda. Will check it out.

Any experience with the CSI games?

Thanks for the help!!

Alex

I have never played the CSI game for the Wii, but decided to look up a couple of user reviews for it.

From what I've read, it's a short game and not much replay value to it. Though most buyers enjoyed it quite well for it being a CSI game. The graphics are ok, but it's a Wii game so not much to expect lol. The game works as a crime scene with looking for evidence and such, just like a crime scene. There are also cutscenes from the show.

Fans of the show enjoyed the game and the biggest flaw I saw was from one buyer on that his copy would freeze from time to time. I didn't see this on any other review, but it's something to be aware of.

look up Okami.
excellent graphics and controls. an adventure game with mild puzzle elements and some good action. an excellent story and good replay value make it a Wii 'must'

oh and check out the two Lostwinds games on Wiiware.

Mystery! that's great. I've only been looking at "adventure" but it's been leading me down the path of metroid and bomberman. I'll be sure to look for Mystery now. This is very helpful.
Thank You

Though it may sound like a shovelware game Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros treasure is something you would probably like. Its got similar game-play to myst with lots of puzzle solving, though it's not from the first person perspective. It may look a bit kiddie, but has some of the best puzzles I've played in ages. Definitely look it up.

Back