GameSpot.com-Biased?

well im stupid and dont know exactly what u mean by this but i am mad at gamestop lol thats the nearest place to me so im trying to get a wii there but there the only place that wont tell me when they even tihnk they might get some in

ImWiitarded said:
well im stupid and dont know exactly what u mean by this but i am mad at gamestop lol thats the nearest place to me so im trying to get a wii there but there the only place that wont tell me when they even tihnk they might get some in

Gamespot and Gamestop are different.

Hmm yes I agree Gamespot is biased.Zelda a 8.8?COME ON!But I rarely go there..I usually go to IGN.

Im guessing most people who post on here are biased TOWARDS Wii. Everyones entitled to their own opinions, and when rating a game graphics can and should effect a gamers overall rating, just not as much as Gameplay and replay value.

But i'm not sure where to stand on the rating of VC games. Yes, they came out 10-20 years ago, but maybe its fair to compair them to todays standards as they are (sorta...) competing in the same market, but on the other hand they are more of extra's and should have a rating system of their own,

Ign and Game Informer/Nintendo Power have been pretty reliable. X-Play has helped too(with some of my decisions). Game Spot is biased though. You can tell easily by reading through just one review.

Gamespot, I have come to see recently, is TERRIBLE at rating games. If they don't like a game... they will give everything 4-6 no matter if that element of the game was good. For example, if a game has really bad gameplay but good graphics they give them both 4's. It makes NO SENSE. I mean, I'm not graphics whore, but be reasonable people. There category rating makes NO sense.

The only thing I like about gamespot is one of their rating things. What the games replay value is. granted most other sites will say it right in the review itself, but sometimes I dont feel like reading an entire review just to find out it's not very good replay value. I wish others did that more, unless they already have it and I'm as blind as a bat.

Yeah, I don't really like gamespot that much either. They focus too much on graphics, and don't take a game for what it's worth. I prefer IGN

Back