Gamespot's Game Of The Year!!!

Is it just me or are those damn envelopes refusing to be opened...?

kronau said:
that just shows game spot is unfair

Funny because before Gamespot was pretty much a Wii hater , but now that they give Galaxy a nod they are unfair? Justify that for me.

paintba||er said:

Ya, its because they had a lot of advertising for it on their site, and were pretty much just paid off to give it a good review, but he was honest and told how much it sucked....so they fired him.

They were told the advertisements would be pulled if he doesn't get fired. It was the media that forced his outing, not gamespot. Gamespot only followed it through.

Lol ya. I wonder what he is doing now, maybe in a suit jumping off rooftops... Jokes aside i really do wonder what he is doing now.

DAVIDV99 said:
Lol ya. I wonder what he is doing now, maybe in a suit jumping off rooftops... Jokes aside i really do wonder what he is doing now.

Im sure he can get a job at any review site anyway. (i.e IGN)

i feel proud of a guy like jeff gerstman. He is like what tom hanks played in schindlers list. a good movie

Seriously I don't like Mario Galaxy. I don't like those type of adventure games.
Although I know it is a really great game, with awesome gameplay, great graphics and they deserve it!!!!
F*** gamespot they only pick gun games and stuff, they can't pick for sh*t.

Gamespot isnt a Wii hater, Wii just had alot of shitty games this year and everyone knows it. Aside from Nintendo, the developers have sucked except for a few games.

What sucks about gamespot that is obvious is how a game gets double the votes as SMG but loses. Even though the votes were basically for fun to see what the people thought, it just shows what game actually is better. It just so happens a few people who work at gamespot happen to be Mario lovers and decided its better.

I liked SMG alot, but im sorry its just not better than Call of Duty 4 and Crysis and its obvious the majority agree. Thats why I hate awards that are "best of year" but its not voted by the people. Thats why I like awards like MTV's viewers choice award, which is the highest award there is for MTV Music Video Awards. But the people are the ones who actually get to vote, instead of a small group of people who decide. Thats like 17 white guys, 3 black guys voting for best video of the year, chances are there is no way a rap video will win.

GOTY should voted publicly, but using a voting system that isnt abusable.

Btw, IGN also had shady business, but it wasn't as bad as Gamespot's Kane and Lynch. It had to do with Assassins Creed, which also had to do with advertisments. But the guy went back and started editing things and was caught.

T3kNi9e said:
Gamespot isnt a Wii hater, Wii just had alot of shitty games this year and everyone knows it. Aside from Nintendo, the developers have sucked except for a few games.

What sucks about gamespot that is obvious is how a game gets double the votes as SMG but loses. Even though the votes were basically for fun to see what the people thought, it just shows what game actually is better. It just so happens a few people who work at gamespot happen to be Mario lovers and decided its better.

I liked SMG alot, but im sorry its just not better than Call of Duty 4 and Crysis and its obvious the majority agree. Thats why I hate awards that are "best of year" but its not voted by the people. Thats why I like awards like MTV's viewers choice award, which is the highest award there is for MTV Music Video Awards. But the people are the ones who actually get to vote, instead of a small group of people who decide. Thats like 17 white guys, 3 black guys voting for best video of the year, chances are there is no way a rap video will win.

GOTY should voted publicly, but using a voting system that isnt abusable.

Btw, IGN also had shady business, but it wasn't as bad as Gamespot's Kane and Lynch. It had to do with Assassins Creed, which also had to do with advertisments. But the guy went back and started editing things and was caught.
Dude, are you f******** kidding me?
Wii got the most awesome games this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back