Gamespot's Review: 9.5 Editor's Choice

Dinner

Reading Rainbow
Dec 4, 2007
Scarborough, Ontario
Wii Online Code
2878-9257-8140-1234
With a bigger roster than ever, online multiplayer, and the ability to share screenshots, custom levels, and game replays with friends, Super Smash Bros. has never been better.

The Good
Relatively lag-free online multiplayer The ability to share game replays, screenshots, and custom levels with friends A massive yet surprisingly balanced character roster Tons of ways to customize your matches A lengthy single-player adventure mode.

The Bad
Some of the platforming stages in Subspace Emissary could have been done without Custom levels can't be used in online matches.

Full Review: http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/...t=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review

what they say in the bad just doesnt justify. they say that the subspace emmisary could have been done without. It might not be the greatest adventure mode, but its better than not having it in at all. I could honestly care less if custom stages are used in online matches or not. they gave it a 9.5 because of the feature it had and the small feature it didnt have. I dont believe brawl deserves a 10, bu gamespot's rule of nothing goes over 9.5 is stupid.

If nothing goes over 9.5, then this ranks "perfect", doesn't it? It's along the "maximum baseline".

Yet again, an insane standard no game can meet. They should give this game a 10/10. In comparison very few games for the next 5 years will ever be able to match this game. It's becoming more clear that games in the future are getting more complex, they will all have one flaw or another, it should be the overall experience. It's like MMOs today, not one MMO on the market is flawless. Get rid of these ancient rating systems.

If Gamespot gave it a 9.5, then this is one of the best games ever made. They are picky, FPS, pretty graphic fans.

I don't see how that could make gamespot take away 0.5 off the score because of not being able to use customized stages online. So what? it should really be a 10.

Telozaki said:
I don't see how that could make gamespot take away 0.5 off the score because of not being able to use customized stages online. So what? it should really be a 10.
wow, really?

you must know nothing about reviews.

You people don't understand. You would rate 10 to anything that you like.

10 means that is is perfect, nothing can be added, it is at it's maximum.

SSBB is a great game, I love it, but it can improved in many ways, and it's not at it's maximum. That is fair score and I would of rated it the same.

IGN rated it 9.5 too. Here is what I think can be done to make it a 10.

-SSBB has great graphics, but not the greatest, they could if they really wanted to, make the graphics higher.
-Online Brawl Rankings. Not many people care about this, but it would make the game more amazing.
-Voice Chat. Not necessary, many people don't care, but if you want a 10/10 on a game you have to go the extra mile.

There are also little itsy bitsy faults that are not worth mentioning, but other than that this game is great, but does not deserve 10/10, so please leave it to the profesionnals. I'm not trying to be mean or an a** hole, just saying, so please don't take it the wrong way, SSBB is a great game.

Enough with the arguing on here.
Please stay on topic, and discuss Gamespots Review of the game.

GameSpy ------------4.5 / 5
GameDaily ------------9 / 10
Kombo --------------9.5 / 10
GameTap -------------9 / 10
IGN -----------------9.5 / 10
GamerNode ----------10 / 10
Nintendo Power ------10 / 10
Ngamer UK ----------93 / 100
Gameplayer ----------10 / 10
Thunderbolt ----------10 / 10

GameSpot gave them a very good score, so stop picking on them, they are my favourite, followed by IGN :)

Also, it was a very good score compared to Ngamer UK, GameTap, Game Daily and Game Spy.

Sparx said:
GameSpy ------------4.5 / 5
GameDaily ------------9 / 10
Kombo --------------9.5 / 10
GameTap -------------9 / 10
IGN -----------------9.5 / 10
GamerNode ----------10 / 10
Nintendo Power ------10 / 10
Ngamer UK ----------93 / 100
Gameplayer ----------10 / 10
Thunderbolt ----------10 / 10

All great scores for a great game.

Could this game get anymore awesome reviews?

I now strongly believe it will win GOTY for the Wii and be great competition for GOTY overall.

Back