Gamespy Review of NMH = 4/5

That's about the same as IGN's. Right between IGN's and Gametrailers, actually (I think it was Gametrailer that gave it an 82).

So now you have to wonder if IGN was so far off. There are at least three pro reviews in that range now and all of the player reviews on here so far have agreed with the IGN review. Something to think about, I suppose. I'm looking forward to hearing more player reviews.

On a side note, that Gamespy website sure has expanded since the last time I was on there years ago, back when Gamespy was primarily known for that server search thing. Although, I no longer even recall for what games I used that to search for servers with it. Mayber Counterstrike or Quake 2...I don't remember. Brings back memories, though.

Last edited:
Atomheart said:
That's about the same as IGN's. Right between IGN's and Gametrailers, actually (I think it was Gametrailer that gave it an 82).

So now you have to wonder if IGN was so far off. There are at least three pro reviews in that range now and all of the player reviews on here so far have agreed with the IGN review. Something to think about, I suppose. I'm looking forward to hearing more player reviews.

An 8.0 is a good score. If IGN would've given the game an 8.0, there would be no issue with their review. A game that gets all 8.0s or above is indeed, a good game... and compared to all the other Wii games that have come out lately, that's a big plus!

Shaderhack said:
An 8.0 is a good score. If IGN would've given the game an 8.0, there would be no issue with their review. A game that gets all 8.0s or above is indeed, a good game... and compared to all the other Wii games that have come out lately, that's a big plus!

IGN gave it a 7.8. That's only 0.2 points off. They're basically the same score, especially when you take into consideration that Gamespy doesn't give scores as sensitive as those given by IGN. Perhaps Gamespy would have given the game an even lower score if they were to give decimal scores.

Atomheart said:
IGN gave it a 7.8. That's only 0.2 points off. They're basically the same score, especially when you take into consideration that Gamespy doesn't give scores as sensitive as those given by IGN. Perhaps Gamespy would have given the game an even lower score if they were to give decimal scores.

That's neither here nor there.. in general, the game is well received by the gaming sites. Overall, it should be in the high 80% from all critics.

Give the game props for being well received and move on...

-M

Shaderhack said:
That's neither here nor there.. in general, the game is well received by the gaming sites. Overall, it should be in the high 80% from all critics.

Give the game props for being well received and move on...

-M

Yes, I agree.
People should play the good first party games we are given so that we end up getting more of them.

Also overall, the game has a rating of 8.8 from the critics and 8.8 from users.
Not bad at all.

iPulsate said:
Isn't it one of the only M rated games?

No, Resident Evil 4 and Umbrella Chronicles are rated M as well.
Also a bunch of Ps2 ports like Scarface and Godfather are M.

Back