GameStop/EB Games Midnight Release?

Sovieto

Banned
Aug 6, 2006
Has anyone heard about Gamestop/EB Games doing a midnight release for the Wii? I heard they did it for 360 and stuff, I would really hope they do it for Wii or I am going to be one sad cookie. So has anyone's Gamestop/EB Games mentionde this?

thumb_Zelda_1.jpg

thumb_Zelda_2.jpg

these were on go nintendo i recommend you call your local shop

my shop said that they get their shipments of the wii AT midnight no sooner, and that they would call me as soon as they got them :p so yeah i think they are doing a launch at midnight for my store here in hemet (where the hell is that?!@?) lol

komio said:
my shop said that they get their shipments of the wii AT midnight no sooner, and that they would call me as soon as they got them :p so yeah i think they are doing a launch at midnight for my store here in hemet (where the hell is that?!@?) lol

If thats so then that means no one will get one sooner before anyone, besides the people on the coast from where its shipping.
The zelda poster, tomorrow I will call my GS asking about that.

komio said:
That's cool. I live right by Hemet. Well, fairly close, lol. I shoot through Hemet all the time on my way to Amerimax, to pick up Alumawood patios. :)

Back on-topic though... I really hope the store by me calls me at midnight and says I can come pick mine up, lol. I already have the Wii system, a 1.0GB SD card, Red Steel, GT Pro Series, NFS: Carbon, Legend of Zelda and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance all fully paid-for. :)

i planned on camping out at mine, but ive got early basktball practice that morning

LOL thats funny because alot of GB/EBs have there Wiis already. How the heck do you think they got pictures of the back of the box of the game cases?

Link_of_Hyrule said:
LOL thats funny because alot of GB/EBs have there Wiis already. How the heck do you think they got pictures of the back of the box of the game cases?

may be they have the boxes!

same way that lot of ebs/gb have the boxes of comin soon games.

All this talk of a midnight release got me to thinking, so I decided give the local GameStop a call and see what they said. The guy I talked to told me that he didn't know whether or not they were going to do a midnight release since he was almost 100% certain that his particular store wasn't going to have any extra Wiis on launch day. That's not to say that there won't be more coming in soon, but it sounds like you're going to have to go camping at Best Buy, Circuit City, Wal-Mart, or Target if you want one on launch day and didn't pre-order it.

Regardless of what happens, I'm not worried since I was el numero uno (that's spanish for #1) on the list at the GameStop I went to. I just wanted to pass that info on to everyone....maybe your town will be different.

I've been thinking, because the PS3 comes out two days before: If a store did a midnight opening for 2 nights, is that too much? Imo, a midnight release is a big event, maybe some posters and stuff will be up. So it'll be a lot of stuff to put up and take down. Will this effect the midnight launch?

Back