Gamestop Manager Won't Sell Games To Stupid Kids

surfinrach90

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT.
Dec 27, 2006
A Gamestop store in South Dallas is breaking corporate policy by refusing to sell games to schoolkids who can't prove they're doing well at school. Managed by Brandon Scott, he's got a store rule that unless an adult can verify that a child is getting good grades at school he won't sell a game to them. Any game. Even Pony Friends.

I'm probably going to get in trouble for this, but to me it's worth it, because the kids understand that somebody cares.

Brandon, your heart's in the right place, but the kids won't think somebody cares. They'll think you're being a total ass. Especially if they're not bright kids , and all they want to do is buy a videogame from your videogame store.

Linkage

I could see why he is doing this, but I don't agree with him. I'm sure he is making a lot of kids made.

Actually, thats an awesome idea. I'd do it. Kids are idiots these days because their parents let them slack off in school.

EDIT: Of course he's making kids mad! But since when do kids know what's best for them?

The parents should set limits on their kids video game time if it is cutting into their grades, not a video game store owner.

But parents don't care!

I mean, really. Look at all the people on this board alone who can't spell half the words they try to post. EVIDENCE! Illiteracy FTL.

Last edited:
surfinrach90 said:
A Gamestop store in South Dallas is breaking corporate policy by refusing to sell games to schoolkids who can't prove they're doing well at school. Managed by Brandon Scott, he's got a store rule that unless an adult can verify that a child is getting good grades at school he won't sell a game to them. Any game. Even Pony Friends.

Brandon, your heart's in the right place, but the kids won't think somebody cares. They'll think you're being a total ass. Especially if they're not bright kids , and all they want to do is buy a videogame from your videogame store.

Linkage

LoL, omg he's could get sued HUGE!:lol:
Its the law that if you sell a product to someone then you dont sell it to another person that is against the law, due to discrimination, technically he's saying that smart kids are better kids, and they should get to play games. That is how the court would see it. Even if we all know he's trying to make parents see that kids need to do better in school he could get sued huge.

Whether you agree with what he's doing or not, it's illegal. There's no law saying drop-outs can't have fun. Unless the game is M-rated, he HAS to sell to whoever has the money. No different than refusing to sell to minorities, and just as illegal.

Actually I'm pretty sure this case is different considering it's his store and his products and or games that he's selling. If the kids want they can purchase the game at another store if their desperate. As for this person I say good for him. One day or another kids have to realize that there is more to life than just video games. Therefore I respect this guy.

I think the idea should be altered so he sells them good games like Zelda and Strikers but replaces the CD inside with Cars or the Ant Bully games.

6ix said:
I think the idea should be altered so he sells them good games like Zelda and Strikers but replaces the CD inside with Cars or the Ant Bully games.
Now THAT would be illegal. Not sure about this though...

Meh, it's interesting but you know, this guy has an interesting idea, but also it's kinda like "wtf?"

thats not the whole story. he also buys games for the kids for free if they get a teachers signature that they have straight A's and their parents come in. which is kick ass because one of my teachers signatures is a smiley face (LOL!) and most of the parents wouldnt sue him. why sue him? their doing something that they couldnt do. tell their kids that they cant do something.

balrogs.pa said:
thats not the whole story. he also buys games for the kids for free if they get a teachers signature that they have straight A's and their parents come in. which is kick ass because one of my teachers signatures is a smiley face (LOL!) and most of the parents wouldnt sue him. why sue him? their doing something that they couldnt do. tell their kids that they cant do something.

if you know he's doing something illegal you can sue him and make ALOT of Money in this case, since it is demonstrated as a case of discrimination.
Such as he prefers smart kids over stupid kids. That is illegal, like selliung a white person a game but not a black person. ( no offence )

This guy's heart's in the right place, but he's gonna get sued.

Maybe he should start a fund that everyone donates to to pay royalties in the case. hahaha

I was thinking something like this, as I had to have my dad buy RE4 for me. grrrrr

Back