Gamestop Manager Won't Sell Games To Stupid Kids

i would see this making sense if the store was private owned and he sold games for less than suggested retail price.

His actions are most definitely NOT illegal. In the US, a store can refuse the right to sell to anyone. It may not be the best business decision, but it isn't illegal.

Well hes not doing anything bad.
Seriously, thats how it was for me when I was younger.
School work and then video games.

I do like this idea, but GameStop isnt a locally owned store, it's a business chain, and him doing that is only a bad business move.
Become a teacher if you're woried about kids scholastic future, become a game store manager if you want to sell games...

duh

laderer5 said:
Such as he prefers smart kids over stupid kids. That is illegal, like selliung a white person a game but not a black person. ( no offence )

L F'ing MAO

I won't even tell you what is wrong here.

Kherrek508 said:
L F'ing MAO

I won't even tell you what is wrong here.

If you are talking about me making some kind of racist comment, i did not make one in any way, i was showing in a comparison how people might think of it.

Pretty much I think that it's a decent idea, but I know there are going to be a lot of pissed off kids in the area.

It's brilliant. I hope other stores get wind of this and start incorporating the idea somehow. When I see a neighbor kid playing something on his PS3 all evening long, then see my daughter trying to do her homework all evening, it gets me thinking. When I see that same neighbor kid skipping school 90% of the time and my daughter never missing a day, that gets me thinking, too. It makes me think that the parents of that neighbor kid are going to perpetuate a system that teaches each generation that they can live off of the system instead of becoming productive, and that makes me furious. So, if a store manager at GameStop decides that parents aren't qualified anymore to have jurisdiction over whether or not their kids get to play new video games, then he's taking a much-needed stand.

If my daughter wants a video game, she gets it--she's a straight-A student.

The neighbor kid needs someone to take his PS3, Wii, and 360 and run them over repeatedly with my car. Will it make him attend class and get better grades? No. Does he deserve it? Absolutely. I'm sure the parents think that playing games is better than a life of crime or drugs or whatever, but the reality is that when the games get old and boring, their kid is going to turn to those other things out of sheer boredom.

Soap box of the day. If I offended any of the younger crowd that happen to not do well in school...

Do your homework, pay attention in class, and get a freakin' tutor when all else fails. Sheesh, it's not like any of you are entitled to play video games. You are, however, entitled to an education so long as you live in the USA.

devitek said:
It's brilliant. I hope other stores get wind of this and start incorporating the idea somehow. When I see a neighbor kid playing something on his PS3 all evening long, then see my daughter trying to do her homework all evening, it gets me thinking. When I see that same neighbor kid skipping school 90% of the time and my daughter never missing a day, that gets me thinking, too. It makes me think that the parents of that neighbor kid are going to perpetuate a system that teaches each generation that they can live off of the system instead of becoming productive, and that makes me furious. So, if a store manager at GameStop decides that parents aren't qualified anymore to have jurisdiction over whether or not their kids get to play new video games, then he's taking a much-needed stand.

If my daughter wants a video game, she gets it--she's a straight-A student.

The neighbor kid needs someone to take his PS3, Wii, and 360 and run them over repeatedly with my car. Will it make him attend class and get better grades? No. Does he deserve it? Absolutely. I'm sure the parents think that playing games is better than a life of crime or drugs or whatever, but the reality is that when the games get old and boring, their kid is going to turn to those other things out of sheer boredom.

Soap box of the day. If I offended any of the younger crowd that happen to not do well in school...

Do your homework, pay attention in class, and get a freakin' tutor when all else fails. Sheesh, it's not like any of you are entitled to play video games. You are, however, entitled to an education so long as you live in the USA.

Outstanding! Agreed 100%.

Last edited:
I think he is doing the right thing, but others, especially the "Stupid" kids, will not be smiling. But to be honest, I think he should just forget the whole thing and let the kids buy the games because, even though he is looking out for them, the kids will not see it that way.

Byuakuya said:
I think he is doing the right thing, but others, especially the "Stupid" kids, will not be smiling. But to be honest, I think he should just forget the whole thing and let the kids buy the games because, even though he is looking out for them, the kids will not see it that way.

I think that's the point--this isn't to please the kids, "stupid" or not. These days, there's no such thing as a kid that's too "stupid" to make good grades. For every disability, for every possible educational handicap, there is some kind of program or group designed to support it to make sure every child has the opportunity to make good grades. Honestly, if there are still kids that are too "stupid" to make it in that system, then there is obviously a much greater problem to resolve.

In my opinion--let me make this clear, my opinion--"stupid" is just an excuse. It's an easy way to justify lazy, an easy way of saying "I don't wanna do this." I have a 24-year-old sister that still lives at home with our parents, has an almost 2-year-old son without a father. She has, for over 10 years, claimed that she is "stupid". She failed out of high school because she is "stupid". She failed out of GED courses...twice...because she is "stupid". She doesn't maintain a job because she is "stupid". She has trouble spelling words and understanding things because she is "stupid". This is always her excuse for everything, that she is too "stupid" to do anything.

About a month ago, our father asked a favor of me. He suspected that she had been using the internet as a means of communicating with the father of her baby and hiding it from him. You see, she has convinced everyone that she cannot find this guy to get child support from him since before their son was born. My role, at dad's request, was to monitor my sister while she is online.

I've been doing this since he requested, and I've noticed a few things. She doesn't appear to have a problem with spelling when she's chatting with friends. She's very quick with her typing, and without many errors--probably less than I've made and corrected just writing this. To make a long story short, she is far less "stupid" than she tries to make everyone believe, and she has definitely been communicating with her baby's daddy. When I say "definitely", I mean she sees him regularly and is trying to maintain an intimate relationship with him.

My point is simple. While "stupid" is common, someone that is truly stupid experiences a very handicapped life. So handicapped, in fact, that they are probably not even capable of playing most video games, and wouldn't be that interested in them in the first place.

devitek said:
I think that's the point--this isn't to please the kids, "stupid" or not. These days, there's no such thing as a kid that's too "stupid" to make good grades. For every disability, for every possible educational handicap, there is some kind of program or group designed to support it to make sure every child has the opportunity to make good grades. Honestly, if there are still kids that are too "stupid" to make it in that system, then there is obviously a much greater problem to resolve.

In my opinion--let me make this clear, my opinion--"stupid" is just an excuse. It's an easy way to justify lazy, an easy way of saying "I don't wanna do this." I have a 24-year-old sister that still lives at home with our parents, has an almost 2-year-old son without a father. She has, for over 10 years, claimed that she is "stupid". She failed out of high school because she is "stupid". She failed out of GED courses...twice...because she is "stupid". She doesn't maintain a job because she is "stupid". She has trouble spelling words and understanding things because she is "stupid". This is always her excuse for everything, that she is too "stupid" to do anything.

About a month ago, our father asked a favor of me. He suspected that she had been using the internet as a means of communicating with the father of her baby and hiding it from him. You see, she has convinced everyone that she cannot find this guy to get child support from him since before their son was born. My role, at dad's request, was to monitor my sister while she is online.

I've been doing this since he requested, and I've noticed a few things. She doesn't appear to have a problem with spelling when she's chatting with friends. She's very quick with her typing, and without many errors--probably less than I've made and corrected just writing this. To make a long story short, she is far less "stupid" than she tries to make everyone believe, and she has definitely been communicating with her baby's daddy. When I say "definitely", I mean she sees him regularly and is trying to maintain an intimate relationship with him.

My point is simple. While "stupid" is common, someone that is truly stupid experiences a very handicapped life. So handicapped, in fact, that they are probably not even capable of playing most video games, and wouldn't be that interested in them in the first place.
Nicely said. I like your way of thinking and the way you express your opinions. :)

Back