GameStop Pre-Order: March 10th?

Maybe I wasn't specific enough in my first post. The clerk at GameStop did not just tell me I could pick it up on March 10th...there was a sign behind him which had all of the big games release dates and Brawl had: MARCH 10.

just replied on other thread. but remember it might not be the same in the states. i'm from toronto

andrewguy said:
READ TIS POST: there is a very good chance that each store (ex: gamestop, eb games, wal-mart) will have about 10-20 copies coming in on march 9th at around 2:00pm-6:00pm. so what this means is, if you reserved the game and there are less than 10-20 people who reserved before you, chances are that you are going to get it. i reserved about 7 months ago. i was like the first person to reserve at toys r us, so i'm pretty sure i'm gonna get it. good luck guys. ps: i already have the game because i'm in japan right now. coming back to canada because i have to get off my vacation.
They don't give out copies in the order you reserved it...you could reserve it the day before and still get the first copy...it depends on who arrives first

Here's an update. I found a blurb from the official GameStop website confirming that anyone who has pre-ordered the game will be getting it no earlier than March 10th:

GameStop said:
Please Note: As March 9, 2008 is a Sunday, online orders will be delivered no earlier than Monday, March 10, based on the service level you selected. The street date comes directly from our product vendor and is subject to change at any time. In our efforts to keep you informed, we are in constant communication with our vendors, and we are committed to providing you with the most accurate release dates possible.

Bummer...I'm guessing that holds true for any type of GameStop pre-order, not just online.

Last edited:
I just got a rather interesting phone call from Gamestop, FR. An employee there just called me to inform me that they were holding a Brawl tournament ON THE NINTH. I was kind of taken aback and told him that I would call him back xD

I'm not sure if this means they are releasing it on the ninth or not, because I *suppose* they could expect us to come in and play it for the first time, seeing as though it isn't much different from Melee.

I must say though, I was REALLY hoping he was calling to tell me about a midnight release. I'm going to call him back tonight and hopefully get all these questions answered. Will check back with you guys then :wink:

Listen up guys, I've got HUGE news.

My local Gamestop IS having a midnight release for Brawl [between the 8th and the 9th]. The tournament they were talking about starts at midnight and goes throughout the day, and they've got tv's set up for us all to Brawl, so I won't even need to go home to play it.

I can only hope that such a perfect situation pertains to your area Gamestop's as well. Good luck, guys.

LevesqueIsKing said:

My local Gamestop IS having a midnight release for Brawl [between the 8th and the 9th]. The tournament they were talking about starts at midnight and goes throughout the day, and they've got tv's set up for us all to Brawl, so I won't even need to go home to play it.

I can only hope that such a perfect situation pertains to your area Gamestop's as well. Good luck, guys.
Dang, you're so lucky Leve. Congrats on that.

I really hope it is like that for my gamestop. I'll have to check but I kinda doubt it, the way my luck has been going lately.T.T

i ordered mine off gamestop.com in october and picked the most expensive shipping does that mean i get it the 9th or the 10th?

I'm getting more confused by the second, I am going to call my local GameStop tomorrow and ask them about the release date and this tournament. I'll post the response tomorrow.

Last edited:
I just preordered mine today at blockbuster and they said that they would have it that day but no midnight release :(

well i live in canada and i pre ordered it like in feb 2ndbut i usaully leave like 2 hours eariler and just play my psp or ds well i wait with my cousion soo its all good (bad thing is when i went for the Wii I left at 6:00a.m and there was ppl there since 5 am lol i was laughing at them. But u make a couple friends in that line and then u own them in any game haha.)

I went to my local gamestop today in Brookline, MA and the clerk there who is pretty knowledgeable told me they will get the shipment in the friday before due to the Sunday release but can't sell them until the 9th. If you pre-order it you will get it on the 9th.

LevesqueIsKing said:

Dude, cool 4 u. I'm DYING for a tourney around where im at. Or at least a midnight release. 2day im reserving my copy, so ill ask them then. fingers crossed!

Well, ive finally preordered ssbb.:D the guy that worked there wasnt sure if they were going to have a midnight release:mad5: , it all depends on how many reserves they get. He also said they had a TON of reserves already. But i guess it wont matter that much considering he confirmed that brawl will be there march 9. :yikes: Best of luck guys!

Back