Gamestop trade in promotion

KyleForMe

Don't believe his lies.
Dec 13, 2006
IL, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Wii Online Code
5710-8093-1849-3803
I dont know if this belongs in this section (if not mod can move), but I went by Gamestop today to trade some games in for BWii and found that they have a promotion:
Trade in any two Wii, or 360, or PS3 games and get an extra 10$ trade in value.
I know you all hate advertising, but I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH GAMESTOP. Just passing on some info, saved me 10 $$ :yesnod:

cool! i should trade in some wii games. i never play them anymore.. except GH3. thanks for the info.

wait, is there a limit on wut games? like older 360 games? cause i dont think i like condemned that much but its only a 15 dollar game.

Wow why would I trade in two wii games for 10 bucks...thats like nothing and I'd probably get more trading them in seperatly

Marioman said:
Wow why would I trade in two wii games for 10 bucks...thats like nothing and I'd probably get more trading them in seperatly
I think you misread it dude, he means lets say you trade in 2 games, and one is worth $7 and the other $10, that's a total of $17 game stop credit, but during this Promo they will give you an extra $10, so in other words you get a total of $27 credit instead of $17..

SensesFail said:
cool! i should trade in some wii games. i never play them anymore.. except GH3. thanks for the info.

wait, is there a limit on wut games? like older 360 games? cause i dont think i like condemned that much but its only a 15 dollar game.

The ad didn't say anything about minimum game value or exclusions. I traded Super Paper Mario (20$ value) & Godfather (9$ value). I wouldn't have traded godfather if not for the extra 10$ they gave. Altogather I got 39$ store credit :smilewinkgrin:

BTW this is just for in store credit.

EDIT: Also make sure your local Gamestop/EBgames is offering this promotion before you go through the hassle and find out they don't. I didn't ask if this is a national promotion, but they had some pretty costly banners and posters for this, so it doesn't seem like a local thing... but you never know.

Last edited:
SadnessI said:
I think you misread it dude, he means lets say you trade in 2 games, and one is worth $7 and the other $10, that's a total of $17 game stop credit, but during this Promo they will give you an extra $10, so in other words you get a total of $27 credit instead of $17..
OH well that makes alot more sense...thanks you for explaining...

this is a totallllllll rippp offf???
you spent $100 on both those games..and your gona sell it for like $7? $10? just to get a extra $10???? OMFGGGGG...GO TO EBAY AND SELL IT!

they make money like crazy like that...they will sell it for like a extra $20 profit...

DONT FLAME ME.

XtremeKilling said:
you spent $100 on both those games..and your gona sell it for like $7? $10? just to get a extra $10???? OMFGGGGG...GO TO EBAY AND SELL IT!

they make money like crazy like that...they will sell it for like a extra $20 profit...

DONT FLAME ME.
yeah he's prbly right you'd get more on ebay.

hmmmm.....it like the one that they said "trade in 2 wii games and get 1 wii game free"....and the bottom said "you dont get trade in credits from your trade in"

XtremeKilling said:

DONT FLAME ME.

Yes but I am a college student, and I actually would have had to wait for all my money in hand from selling on ebay to buy BWii. I have sold at least 50 items on ebay, and I know the average time it takes to get money in hand even without counting auction time.

And btw, godfather doesnt go for much at all anyway on ebay used...

Say what you want, but if everyone went the Ebay route, the value of the games on there would be reduced based on supply, so be happy there are people like me either too lazy or impatient.

Back