Gamestop wireless contoller quailty?

jlspec

WiiChat Member
Nov 22, 2006
San Diego
Wii Online Code
6920-9646-7256-3871
Planning on getting some gamecube controllers for my Wii and I saw that gamestop has wireless controllers. Has anyone tried any of these yet and if so are they any good? Is there lag on it and hows the quailty build? Also, is the rumble feature found on it unlike the wavebird? Again these are the gamestop micro wireless controllers.

I bought a wireless controller from Wally worldand it works great.. not sure of the company but its got 15 channels you can change it to and the adapter. I think pretty much any nintendo licensed hardware will work just fine

2.4Ghz is worth your attention...

I won't lie, I haven't found a single product I've bought with the Gamestop label on it that didn't do well for me. Also, as far as rumble function goes, it'll definitely be on the package for a serious sales pitch... it's a high-selling function. You'll especially want to buy one that is 2.4Ghz, they are found to have less 'lag' that even the Wavebird is known to have around specific areas with common RF interference.

Don't let this fool you, however, the Wavebird is one sweet item. I've had mine since they were released and it's flawless. If you want a rumble feature, there are 2.4Ghz products that include this, as well as programmable 'hot keys' you'd probably be interested in instead. Honestly, although I'm happy with the Wavebird, there are controllers out there with added functionality you'd probably want to consider having, especially if you're wanting one that rumbles. The Wavebird if a great product, but it's just wireless, nothing more than that. Go to www.google.com and do a search on '2.4Ghz Gamecube Controller' or something similar and I bet you'll find what you are looking for with more functionality than the Wavebird. It all comes down to what you want in the controller, good luck and I hope what you decide pays off for the long run.

I bought the madcatz controllers for 10$ each. Great controllers, not wireless though. I then bought a set of 4 extention cables from ebay for a buck.

Gamestop/EBGames has a "mini" wireless that works well. It auto-sets the wireless channel when you turn it on and a little blinking LED tells you it is set. They are $20 bucks. Batteries probably last about 2 days of non-stop gaming and it uses 2 AAAs. They are a little small if you have really big hands otherwise they are great.

Back