gamestop..

Curtain

Leves's My Hero!
Jun 20, 2007
Gaylord, Michigan
Ok so my parents go into game stop today to get my Christmas presents...
They get gears, halo3, a inter cooler...(which i will never need...so is useless), and a live card (after i specifically told them we'd buy it on the dashboard the day before), and a premium system...
I told them my most wanted accessory they needed to buy was a wireless adapter...but NO they didn't buy it cause someone at gamestop said "The xbox 360 comes with a USB connector so you can play online without a wireless adapter"

Which is COMPLETE bull **** cause if they made a connector why in HELL would someone make a wireless adapter...??
So i was wondering how i can tell my parents i do need a wireless adapter or how i can get one...

Or maybe the 360 really DOES not come with a adapter...

Last edited:
Well the 360 has ethernet support so yo can play without wireless via an ethernet cable but im almost pos. you need a wireless adapter to get on wirelessly. also the intercooler is actually a good buy IMO, prevents the system from overheating and crashing, even if it doesnt red ring of death. a couple of my buddies' 360s overheat alll the time and just freeze mid game, really nnoying specially in nhl 08 where you wanna bang out some games in the dynasty mode before hitting bed or something.

wait why didnt you put this in the 360 board lol

samXcor3 said:
wait why didnt you put this in the 360 board lol

Well it started out as bitching at gamestop...
Yea i know you can play with the Ethernet cord but my router is in a different room as i am gonna have my xbox 360 in...

(cause the xbox 360 has NO1 viewing it right now haha so i figured i would post here...)

BTW:don't double post XD

Just explain to them that you can't use Live without the adapter and that the guy in there was wrong. Show them the xbox website if you need to.

And if they've bought you the card for live then tell them if you don't get an adapter then you can't use the card...

I just thought, maybe your console came in a bundle that had the adapter in?

surfinrach90 said:
Just explain to them that you can't use Live without the adapter and that the guy in there was wrong. Show them the xbox website if you need to.

And if they've bought you the card for live then tell them if you don't get an adapter then you can't use the card...

I just thought, maybe your console came in a bundle that had the adapter in?

Not sure, maybe your right
I haven't see the actual console or anything yet they don't have it in their closest..it must be somewhere else

A cheaper alternative is the Logitech PlayLink. It's like 30 bucks on eBay. That's what I've been using for almost 2 years. IMO it beats a $100 adapter for wireless use, and there's no lag in connection.

From what I read, The Premium comes with a 100Mbit Ethernet port, but if you want to go wireless you do need the add-on.

If your XBox is in a different room, just tell your parents you'll either need the wireless adapter, or you'll have blue wires running through the hallways of your house.

Sound dramatic though, like "Mom if order for me to have XBox live I'll need to have a cable running out from the computer, ALL the way down the HAll and into my room, I need this Wireless adapter so My XBox can get online without the Wires. The guy at gamespot must be confused with the ethernet port on the back, It serves a entirely different purpose." Lolz that what I did when I wanted XBox live, but instead DAd ran 100 feet on cable through the walls lolz

Yea ALL 360's have a LAN connection and NO wireless connection.

You'll need a Wireless Adapter for it to connect to your wireless network, but i would simply run a cable if you can. The difference will be very dramatic. Wireless has bad lag issues and you'll suffer during online game play. Plus depending on what standard your using, interference, distance, etc all become big factors.

The Wii had bad lag when using wifi even when it was sitting directly next to my router. Lan adapter fixed it right up. Same with the 360. 360 games are very graphic intense and lots of physics involved that require a good connection if you want to ever take online seriously.

Now if your just going to be downloading content off live like demo's and such... then its not required. But I would try to get a LAN connection for gaming purposes (hence why the 360 doesn't come with a WiFi built in).

Wifi = sucks for gaming

player911m said:

You'll need a Wireless Adapter for it to connect to your wireless network, but i would simply run a cable if you can. The difference will be very dramatic. Wireless has bad lag issues and you'll suffer during online game play. Plus depending on what standard your using, interference, distance, etc all become big factors.

The Wii had bad lag when using wifi even when it was sitting directly next to my router. Lan adapter fixed it right up. Same with the 360. 360 games are very graphic intense and lots of physics involved that require a good connection if you want to ever take online seriously.

Now if your just going to be downloading content off live like demo's and such... then its not required. But I would try to get a LAN connection for gaming purposes (hence why the 360 doesn't come with a WiFi built in).

Wifi = sucks for gaming

What do you mean LAN?? How would i get Lan...sorry i am such a loser!!! I mean i have a router but u said wi-fi sucks and a router is wi-fi so what is LAN OMG!! I HATE MYSELF!!

player911m said:

Wifi = sucks for gaming
Yeah if you have a $50 router. :O

Curtain said:
What do you mean LAN?? How would i get Lan...sorry i am such a loser!!! I mean i have a router but u said wi-fi sucks and a router is wi-fi so what is LAN OMG!! I HATE MYSELF!!

Routers can be wired or wireless. A LAN is a Local Area Network, which can be either wired or wireless in the generic sense, but in the gaming console context typically refers to a wired connection.

Back