Gaming Horror storier

i was playing this awesome shooter game and only got a 300 kill streak instead of my normal 500 kill streak =[

well i actually pissed my pants when i was like 7 playing sonic the hedgehog..(around 9 years ago)..i was so in to it and i was trying to beat a level and i didnt want to die/pause the game to go pee..a couple of minutes later i just went in my pants...and i just didnt want to leave/lose the game!

Once during Metroid Prime on one of the longer missions (I define 'missions' as distances between save spaces) I had been playing for an hour and a half, I was LITERALLY walking to the door of the next save station. I shot at the door, the door opened, and right as I went through. BOOM!! Power goes out.

Do you know how boring it is to replay a game for an hour and a half when you know where everything is and where every monster is going to jump out at you? VERY BORING.

my horror story would have to be the day i got a wii instead of a 360!!

multiple times game systems (handheld) died an didnt save

my brother deleted my pokemon blue rescue team file an i beat it an everything i was bout 2 play an him bein a total tard ran out of my room wit my ds,i got it bak an it said 'new game?' an im like 'no?'.he now owes me that as well as my yu-gi-oh cards but thats 4 another time

Last edited:
This was about 8 years ago (when I was 6)

When my brother first got an origanal Game Boy (yes the big fat chunky one) Then he got Pokemon Blue. We played that game all the time. One day i was at my sibling's basketball game, I was playing in the stands and I was changing games when. OH NO! Pokemon Blue falls down the stands! These stands we not that big so I was sure that it would survive the impact. I went down as fast as I could and to be my suprise, THERE WAS A WALL THERE BLOCKING MY ENTERENCE. I was mad and scared at the same time. I was mad that that place closed the enterence there, and scared what my brother would do (he's 2 years older than me) He was mad, but he got over it soon. His game is still there.

p.s. we had 149 Pokemon seen, 130 pokemon caught.

This has happened a bunch of times with my X-Box, but I will give just one story.

So, one night I was bored out of my mind and I started playing Need For Speed: Underground 2 on the X-Box. I had already beaten the game, but I started a new file. I was so far into this new file, and I had been playing for about 3 hours. I completed many many races and unlocked many things.
Out of nowhere, my X-Box makes a weird noise and displays this message in huge letters:

"The following disc is either dirty or damaged." and then there was another sentence after that. I kept trying to play NFS: U2 and it kept freezing and freezing so I just went to bed.

holy ****..... i have SO many bad memories of games......

well it all started when i was a wii little punk ass kid and i got sonic the hedgehog. la la la la la playing my game made it up to dr robotnick in the final stage (didnt use a code since i had NO idea what it was at the time.....now i knwo it by heart!)......still la la la ing getting very into it when all of a sudden my dalmation we had just bought who was psycho comes RUNNING into the room....knocks EVERYTHING down! broke my moms beer mugs (those german mugs) that were from the NY yankees (VVERY collectable and expensive!) and other misc things and out went my game AC cord from the electrical socket.....thats when the gaming misery began

then there was the time i got my first play station. man i was so excited! since that genesis fiasco, i never had a problem with SNES, NES, hell even atari!

so back to my PS story......i got final fantasy 7......i was on disc 2.....we had a power outage....i think i nearly died and had a stroke! worst day of my life i went into an almost homocidal rampage! power stayed out in our entire neighborhood for nearly 7 hours!!!

then the great black out of long island ny..........i was playing kingdom hearts and i was up to aladin and hadnt saved it since alice in wonderland.....my god i gotta get the hell outta this state where power never goes out!!!!

The day I played FFX and realized that Squaresoft/enix no longer cared about producing quality games, only buffed up graphics >.>

So, one time, I had just gotten Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga for GBA, and I was almost done. I was on the final boss. I was saving the game before the boss, and my idiot friend comes over and hits my hands, making me drop the GBA. Needless to say it turned off. Well, about a month later, I decided to try again. I had been playing for a long time, with my GBA (It was an SP) plugged into the outlet. Well, the power went out, so I unplugged it and sat in the living room with my family, huddled around the fire (dead middle of winter). So, as I realize the light is red, and had been for a while, I decide to save. I believe I was at the part where you have to go to the pterodactyl guy to fly you up the the castle in the sky. I was in the middle of saving my game when...you guessed it...my GBA died. And, as I'm sure some of you know, when you're saving the game and it gets turned off, the file is deleted. Yep, that happened. I haven't played it since. I think it's been a year. I still don't know the ending to that game.

I played to the very end of Tales of Symphonia, almost completed it. Logged about 80 hours into it...well my cousin (he is older than me) thought i would be funny if he played my file..we got into a fight, so he erased it...TWICE.

i was playing bully for ps2, played for 8 hours, or so got more than halfway through it... didnt save since like chapter1. game froze.
so i learned to save alot.
then i actually redid everything i have lost. got even farther almost beat the game. then my gf wanted to start her own file, long story short 20 min later she saved over my file with hers.

after that i gave up.

Back