Gaming in 20+ years

En4Neo

Jet-Set-Jesse
Feb 10, 2007
I just read this neat article about gaming in the future in the EGM magazine and it really got me wondering about the future of gaming.

So what do YOU think games will be like in the near future? Will they be full VR controlled by your mind, played on Blu-ray holographic or 3D tvs, or will the the Wii controller idea eventually replace all standard controllers today?

Tell me what you think!

Last edited:
I doubt it. People always think that the near future will have flying cars and computers people can walk into and other such fantastic things; honestly, I don't see that happening any time soon at all.

Gymdawg said:
I doubt it. People always think that the near future will have flying cars and computers people can walk into and other such fantastic things; honestly, I don't see that happening any time soon at all.

I have to agree

In 1997 [I was 7] we were asked to draw what we thought 2005 would look like. And I [Along with the whole class] drew hover cars etc

LOL

Anyways my point is that I agree with Gymdawg, In 20+ years we'll have:

Microsoft with a GFX Machine [Probally BlueRay by then [Maybe a better disc]]
Sony with the same as Microsft
And Nintendo with a machine which is last gen but has the better idea on Gaming.

Gymdawg said:
There already is flying cars. They aren't and won't be ready for people to actually drive them around for a while but they still exist. I did a report on the SkyCar a few years ago.

paintba||er said:

There already is flying cars. They aren't and won't be ready for people to actually drive them around for a while but they still exist. I did a report on the SkyCar a few years ago.

Yeah but it only 'Hovers' 3 or 4 foot off the ground with 1 Passenger

Gymdawg said:

Uh what do you doubt?

This thread isn't really about the questions I asked really, it's about what you think. So please tell me what you think, you can't possibly think things will stay the same.

For one, the graphics are bound to get better in the future, by 20 years I'd say they'll be at the level of photo-realism.

I also think we might see more tech companies getting into gaming, hmm Mac....Dell....who knows?!

I don't see why people need to talk about this Gaming is going to soon come to an END!! think about it Global Warming is gonna come way before all these Blue-ray holo crap so just talk about realistic things about games please.

Last edited:
dude it will cost thousands and thousands of dollars, we need to wait unitl that technology becomes obsolete then we can buy it for a bargin .

laderer5 said:
dude it will cost thousands and thousands of dollars, we need to wait unitl that technology becomes obsolete then we can buy it for a bargin .

Yes, I'm not saying this will happen in 5 years.

I'm talking 20 years here, 2027 I believe.

In 20 years, we will finally see video phones (cell and cordless) take over our current phones, 3-D and flat-screen TV's be abundant, and hopefully Phil Harrison and the rest of Sony are just a twinkle in our eyes and a flash in the pan...

Ridewithme38 said:
I'm still waiting on my hoverboard from the 80's!

What does this have to do with games, seriously?

Back