Gaming in 20+ years

Have any of you ever watched the show 2057? Its pretty cool. It just shows how they think things will be in 50 years. Its awesome they have all kinds of medical things they are coming up with. They have figured out how to print hearts with a special printer cartridge. I think they have only printed one heart cell or something so far but will probably be able to use them for transplants in the future.

well, to answer the question 20 years is not a lot, but I imagine someday, to able to play a video game you just put a helmet, then you go into a sleep, and you actually are the character... something like the matrix

Mau said:
well, to answer the question 20 years is not a lot, but I imagine someday, to able to play a video game you just put a helmet, then you go into a sleep, and you actually are the character... something like the matrix

Of course that'll happen without a doubt, but let's think try to think in our lifetime.

Mau said:
I wonder what would happen if they had a device like this and it froze while you were playing it. Kids going to the hospital since they can't wake up from their game.

paintba||er said:

I wonder what would happen if they had a device like this and it froze while you were playing it. Kids going to the hospital since they can't wake up from their game.

.Hack would happen.

Well in the 20+ years Ive been gamein I have seen some big differences
Start
The invention of the (good) D-pad
Thanks to Nintendo we all are now used to usein it
And SNK mastered it with the Neogeo pads little stick-pad thing

The invention of VR
Bit of a fail (also Nintendo's worst console)
I have played on it (both the full VR and the VB) VR was strange to play My eyes where strange for about a hour afterwords (the whole word was pixely)
Also it made the people playin it look like prats

Polygons
Every game (almost)has them now

Unusual things to put games on
From the massive Alien vs predator Jamma cart (Size of a laptop) to ds games
Laser disc's where a bad idea (size of records)
Tapes Beeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppppcraaaaakkkkcllllleeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm for half a hour

The fall of many a console
Ill miss the Tiger game.com and Jaguar

Shite pads
Intellivison big flat with very hard to press buttons
The Jaguars stupidly fat pad

Bizarre pads
One just for a train sim I loled
Sega aviator your the controller only when it worked
The wiimote (possibly the most versatile ever)

I cant wait to see what its like in the next 20 years (Providin where still alive)
(Meh 46 years old)

Wait Holodecks ftw

Pretty irrelevant but I read on Yahoo news they're making a invisibility cloak :cool: using a scientific way to bend light or something which makes something appear invisible :] true story.

back on topic, alot of people are saying tht not much will change in gaming in the next 20 years. I dont think you can really say that. I mean look how much gaming has changed in the last 20 years. quite a bit. I imagine the same jump in the next 20.

IMO a lot of stuff can happen in 20 years. Just think, within twenty years there will be new technology and advances in what we already have. in twenty years i think there will be a helmet that doesnt put you litterally in the game but something that makes it seem like it.

nic7 said:
back on topic, alot of people are saying tht not much will change in gaming in the next 20 years. I dont think you can really say that. I mean look how much gaming has changed in the last 20 years. quite a bit. I imagine the same jump in the next 20.

You raise a good point. 20 years ago we didn't have home consoles that played games in 3D like they are played today, online gaming was pretty much non existent, and for one Sega wasn't multiplatform.

Change will happen, it's just logical like that.

Do you guys think Nintendo will go multiplatform, stay the same, or combine with some other company?

Last edited:
Back