GB/GBC/GBA Games for VC?

Darkprinny said:

You cant play GB/gbc games on the ds (I have tryed)

Besides the cart sticks out

Also if they where about 200 wii ponits each id be interseted
What does it say? I mean it has to do something, does it say there is no game inserted or that the media is not compatible? I do not know this being I have not gotten my DS, I should be recieving it in about 2 hours

Not to mention, my brother's GBA played classic games even though the cart stuck out (used to be my GBA, I gave him my GBA when I got my PSP)

Last edited:
Cartridges sticking out shouldn't be a problem. You can play old gameboy games on the gameboy player for the gamecube and they stick out a lot. Kinda wish Nintendo would have a gameboy player for the wii though. :(

gamechaser001 said:
What does it say? I mean it has to do something, does it say there is no game inserted or that the media is not compatible? I do not know this being I have not gotten my DS, I should be recieving it in about 2 hours

Not to mention, my brother's GBA played classic games even though the cart stuck out (used to be my GBA, I gave him my GBA when I got my PSP)

They dont fit and nothing comes up on the main screen

Edit :
Heres a method of playing GBA games on the wii WITH OUT down loading

It useies the carts (the links for the divice are dead but you might be able to find them on ebay)

I found it on a HB site that I know of

Last edited:
I say just Gameboy and Gameboy Color. Reason is, they don't work on DS and pretty much history. GBA is a no, people still buy them.

Nah, for the GB/GBC there are a lot of NES ports basically, and I could play most of the games anyway. For GBA, I just bought one for $25, so I don't see the GBA coming to our virtual console any time soon.

Smurfette said:
Cartridges sticking out shouldn't be a problem. You can play old gameboy games on the gameboy player for the gamecube and they stick out a lot. Kinda wish Nintendo would have a gameboy player for the wii though. :(
I think DP meant that the data on the cart isn't compatible, I don't see how it could, but there could be something set up to only allow GBA games, i'm still trying to test it out myself, but since my brother now has the GBA and all the games for it, he loses almost everything, so i can't find anything to check with

Darkprinny said:
They dont fit and nothing comes up on the main screen
well, fitting shouldn't matter, after all, like I said before, my brother uses GB/GBP/GBC games on the GBA, the carts didn't fit, but the games still ran

As for it not showing up, might not be compatible, did you put the game in when the DS was off? If I can find a classic game tommorrow, I will check

Darkprinny said:
No they dont work end of
Now I see what you mean DP, there is a notch on GBA games that aren't on classic games, therfore, like a block, dosen't allow you to play the game, do you think nintendo may even come out with an attachment to play classic games on the DS?

Huh... I Like The idea! Seeing As I Missed The Entire Era And There's Millions Of GB, GBC, ETC. Games I Wanna Play! :D

Your not missing to mutch
There was a lot of shite on there

Back