Gba Is Dead

i bought le micro for my gba games cuz im anal about the cartridge sticking out on my ds lite haha i like the micro :p

It is almost dead because they they dont make as much games as they used to. Also the sales have gone down because people prefer to buy the a Ds or a Ds lite. They will stop to make games and to make the Game Boy Advance and it will be completly dead soon.

I dont like the Game Boy micro because it is too small and the screen is tiny. I also think that it is uncomfortable. I prefer to play in a bigger screen like the one the Ds has. It is also a waste of money because A Ds can play the gameboy games.

On a second thought they will not stop to make gameboy games because we can play them in the Ds but the game boy will be dead.

It's really sad, because the Game Boy INVENTED Handheld Gameing, and has been a standard in the Handheld universe for years now. I LOVE my DS, but its sad to see Game Boy go. I hope Nintendo can come up with a new Gameboy in the next few years with some new features that can separate it from the DS, becuase I really don't like the idea of a Game Boy-less Video Game Generation :(.

Hmm, interesting thoughts, CaseyCor. I sort of thought of the DS lite as the next-gen Game Boy, especially since it has a GBA slot built in. I remember, my first was a yellow, picachu-themed Game Boy Color.:D

But, I'm glad DS is going to be the main focus and hopefully they'll make some slightly more mature games (not necessarily bloody/gory/or nude) that have deep stories/characters.

Last edited:
CaseyCor said:
It's really sad, because the Game Boy INVENTED Handheld Gameing, and has been a standard in the Handheld universe for years now. I LOVE my DS, but its sad to see Game Boy go. I hope Nintendo can come up with a new Gameboy in the next few years with some new features that can separate it from the DS, becuase I really don't like the idea of a Game Boy-less Video Game Generation :(.

Actually the gameboy wasnt the one that INVENTED the handheld gaming. The Game Boy was not the first handheld that nintendo did. The first one was Game and Watch and second came the Game Boy.

Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_&_Watch

I never played Game and Watch, it was made even before I was born. The first handheld that I had was a Game Boy Color and I thought it was the best. Even thought I would have liked to play a game of Game and Watch.

NateTheGreat said:
I remember, my first was a yellow, picachu-themed Game Boy Color.:D

My first was a Lime-Green neon collor... And my first game was pokemon red! w00t!

Jenova said:
My first was a Lime-Green neon collor... And my first game was pokemon red! w00t!
Ha, yeah, I remember being really into pokemon when it first came out. I was always into the figurines, rather than the cards though. It's changed sooo much from what it was, I wouldn't consider watching it, but it was fun while it lasted.:D

I also was a fan of Pokemon when I had my Game Boy Color but that was not my first game. My first game was wario world 3 and the second game I got was Pokemon Gold.

My Game Boy Color was also lime green. I remembered that I didnt want a lime green color Game Boy but then I liked it and didnt wanted to change it.

nintendo lover said:
Actually the gameboy wasnt the one that INVENTED the handheld gaming. The Game Boy was not the first handheld that nintendo did. The first one was Game and Watch and second came the Game Boy.

I never played Game and Watch, it was made even before I was born. The first handheld that I had was a Game Boy Color and I thought it was the best. Even thought I would have liked to play a game of Game and Watch.
Yeah, I know about those. But I meant that the Game Boy was the popular handheld that started the whole thing off in Mainstream Video Gaming.

nintendo lover said:

Man, I remember playing game and watch. I wonder how many people didn't understand the Game and Watch charachter in Super Smash Bros for GC? And I had the original Gameboy. That thing was a beast. LOL

R.I.P gameboy :yesnod: ive had every single one except for the micro, i remember trying to play under the light with the original gameboy :crazy:

stu said:
R.I.P gameboy :yesnod: ive had every single one except for the micro, i remember trying to play under the light with the original gameboy :crazy:
u think there'll never be another handheld called gameboy... :(

R.I.P gameboy, a true classic.

Back