GC controller or wii classic

bush1986

WiiChat Member
Jul 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
8951-7033-5839-8157
Ok... i have never played the GC before and basically i just want controllers to play mario cart N64 and a couple other classic games..... which controller would be better to get pros? cons? And i would like to try some gamecube games sometimes too maybe? I think I would need two though as my girlfriend loves nintendo games.... does anyone know if you can play games with one GC controller and the clasic one.... that way i could buy a GC one and she could buy the classic... i just dont know..... also..... are any of the 3rd party controllers from GC good at all.... the other day I saw the regular nintendo GC controller that was used for 14.99 at gamestop..... I might get that.... well thanks.... Overall I would say it is impossible to keep me and my GF away from the wii and we only have wii play and wii sports... the wii is the best over... which all of u know

I would suggest that you buy the GC controller because you can play both VC and GC games with it. The classic controller on the other hand, can only play VC games.
And since you mentioned that you wanted to play GC games sometime in the future, I would go for the GC controller.

You need to get both, IMO, because you can't play GC games with the classic, and some VC content is virtually unplayable with a GC controller ( eg Super Mario World).

i have both controllers but i dont have any games for the wii classic i have game cube games and i cant appear to get the classic controller to work on them so i bought a gc controller to save any bother

You should get the GC controller first, but as Captainff said, some VC games are pratically unplayable with it, so it might be worth getting a classic controller as well.

I'm getting a class controller for my birthday along with 3 Wii points cards. My GC controllers are nearly shot.

I have both. Some games work great with classic, others with the GC. I've had moments where I switched them out for a different experience. I recommend getting both.

Yea I would say get the gamecube controller, I think it's the easiest to play with, and the cheapest. (Most times.)

I have the Classic controller and a wireless gamecube controller. I like the classic better, but you need both to play both kinds of games really.

thanks

well thanks to everyone for the feedback... i will prolly get a GC controller for sure.....since i would like to play mario Kart N64 with some1 else though can any1 tell me if a wii classic and GC controller will work together on a classic game.... cuz then i can buy both cuz every other game i will play 1 player and i can just choose which works besst... if anyone could answer that question that would be gr8??? thanks!

Not a straight forward answer to your second question I'm afraid.... some games do and some don't allow it, depending on the game (I think).

Your cheapest option would be to find 2 second hand GC controllers. Wired ones usually be found for about £3 each.

so i bought a used GC controller and my GF bought a classic controller and it works great... we both can play Mario Kart 64 with different controllers... both controllers work great.... the GC controller actuallly feels a little more natureal for that game but the classic works just fine.... you just need to put the GC controller in slot 2

GC is better because I'm not used to toggling with the VC controller. It's more fun with a controller you're used to.... I just realized I wasted money on a VC controller and skin.

You have to decide if you'll play GameCube more than Virtual Console, I think. The Classic Controller really is better for the N64 and SNES games. Yet, the NES games you can play with the wii remote. If you already own a GameCube, then play your GameCube games there. Of course, you might want to play some newer games at some point (and not just VC and GameCube).

I'd say, get one of each. If you'll want Multiplayer in VC, then you'll have the GameCobe controller.

I think the Classic controller is mainly for SuperNES games and a few nes games, but playing N64 games with it is just awful. AWFUL.

Back