GC memory cartridge stuck? in Wii

willsuth

WiiChat Member
Feb 18, 2007
Would anyone know please why my GC memory cartridge refuses to come out of the Wii slot?

I've tried everything I can think of and don't really want to try forcing it and wondered if there was a safety mechanism to prevent it being removed when in use. It works OK in the Wii btw.

TIA for any info.

Will

Ummm, did you force it in backwards? If so you are going to break something if you pull it out.

The first time i put my non-offical gamecube memory card in it got stuck, i had to use a little bit of force to get it out.

If you want to make sure contact nintendo

thanks - that was it - a non Nintendo memory card seems to require a bit of brute force to get it out.

There must be a bit of a ridge on the card which catches in the Wii slot but not in the GC slot.

cheers,
Will

Hi all.. frist psot.

I also noticed yesterday that my Madcatz 16X GC memory card doesn't work in the Wii. It's either a contact issue, or a hardware (chip) compat issue - or both.

If you insert the card, the Wii doesn't recognise it at all. But, if you lift up on the card a little, then the Wii will see it, as long as you hold it in place. But even when held securely in place, the Wii has problems formatting and reading/writing the card. Oddly, I also have a Madcatz 1X GC card which works fine!

Anyway, I'm going to replace the Madcatz 16X with a genuine Nintendo card, and see what that gets me.

some third party stuff are getting stuck and not working properly. although both my logic3 memorycard and controller are working great.

i;m gonna have to try and get my card out of the slot tonight. I have a third party one in my WII and quite paranoid now lol

neutron2k said:
i;m gonna have to try and get my card out of the slot tonight. I have a third party one in my WII and quite paranoid now lol
i did that around three times on the first day to be sure. :)

Back