GC saves on Wii?

Phatern

WiiChat Member
Jun 9, 2007
I know that you can use your GC memory card on your Wii and play your old GC games but is there anyway to save your GC files to your Wii? I'm just wondering because I have SSBM and I've been playing it but I don't have a memory card because I bought the game to play with my roomate's GC at college so the memory card is with him. I tried to play and it didn't save anything. So am I outta luck?

you are sh*t out of luck lol

The Wii console is backward compatible with all official Nintendo GameCube software, as well as Nintendo GameCube Memory Cards and controllers. Compatibility with software is achieved with the slot-loading drive's ability to accept Nintendo GameCube Game Discs. The console supports progressive-scan output in 480p-enabled Nintendo GameCube titles. The Wii is also compatible with the GameCube Action Replay, which will work with GameCube games. Peripherals can be connected via a set of four GameCube controller ports and two Memory Card slots concealed by flip-open panels.[1] A GameCube controller is required to play GameCube titles, as neither the Wii Remote nor the Classic Controller functions in this capacity. A Nintendo GameCube Memory Card is also necessary to save, as the Wii internal flash memory will not save GameCube games.

Backward compatibility is limited in some areas. Online and LAN-enabled features for Nintendo GameCube titles are unavailable on the Wii, as the console lacks serial ports for the Broadband Adapter and Modem Adapter. The Wii uses a proprietary port for video output and is therefore incompatible with Nintendo GameCube composite video, S-Video, and component video cables. The console also lacks Game Boy Player support.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii#Backward_compatibility

Last edited:
Back