GDC News! The Storage solution availble now and more!

Last edited:
This is what it does, officially (From Wikipedia):

March 25, 2009 4.0

* Update includes SD Card Menu to "move" files and channels between the Wii console and SD card[1]
* You can download and play Virtual Console or WiiWare games directly to the SD card from the Wii Shop Channel
* Wii Shop Channel supports classic arcade games[2]
* Ability to save and access Wii Channels from the SD card[3]
* SDHC card (up to 32 GB) support for System Menu, Wii Speak Channel, Shop Channel, and Photo Channel. Other features may not support SDHC cards.[2]
* Deletes every version of the Twilight Hack (including 0.1beta2) [3]
* Patches IOS16, which was the last official IOS with the signing bug [3]
* Fixed the bug that was used in the Homebrew Channel installer (so all existing IOS-versions were updated) [3][4]
* Added IOS38, IOS53, IOS55, IOS60, and IOS61 [4]

Impressive update. Though I'm still waiting for them to speed up message transfer speeds so that it feels more like other consoles, and Reggie said that the Wii would soon have more of a community feel to it. I don't even have an SD card, in the 2 years I've owned the Wii, so I have like no use for this update. lmfao

But now that SD cards are so heavily integrated, more companies might start releasing updates and DLC only for those with SD cards. After all, this resolves the Wii's storage problems.

As for the new Zelda title, meh. I'm waiting for the true one, the one that's going to be a Wii-exclusive.

Last edited:
There's some gamers confused with the SDHC cards, I will try to explain:
There's two types of SD cards, The normal SD card (ver1.0) and SDHC (ver2.0). Also both have slow and fast models. But we will focus on the SDHC card if you really want to take the most advantage.

There's three types or class of SDHC by speed:

Class 2: 2MBs/sec. minimun transfer rate
Class 4: 4MBs/sec. minimun transfer rate, and
Class 6: 6MBs/sec. minimun transfer rate

Of course there's more fast cards:

The 100X: 15MBs/sec. maximun transfer rate
The 150X: 21MBs/sec. maximun transfer rate (Editor's choice, best deal).

And some Sandisk brand with: 30MBs/sec. (Model III) and 45MBs/sec. (Model IV).

But are too expensive...

Last edited:
Update is a welcome addition, and although its a small solution its a welcome one. Just gotta buy a point card soon..

Bob#4 said:
As for the new Zelda title, meh. I'm waiting for the true one, the one that's going to be a Wii-exclusive.

Might be waiting awhile for that, although Nintendo is hyping E3 again so who knows. I want games we haven't seen yet still before a new Mario or Zelda (F-Zero, StarFox?).

Back