GDC: Wii Games On Display Round-up

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Here's a rundown of the titles that are in Nintendos GDC line-up for the Wii console.

Big Brain Academy

Launch Date: June 11, 2007
ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)
Game Type: Mental Training
Players: 1-8

• 15 new activities challenge brains in five categories: memory, analysis, number crunching, visual recognition and quick thinking.
  • Activities are designed around the Wii Remote, so players can have fun learning with one Wii Remote, or two for group competitions.
  • Players can exchange training data wirelessly with other players and compete against their save data.
BigBrainWii_GDC_01.jpgBigBrainWii_GDC_02.jpg
BigBrainWii_GDC_03.jpgBigBrainWii_GDC_04.jpg

Mario Strikers Charged

Launch Date: Summer 2007
Game Type: Sports
Players: 1-4

• Battle on the most unpredictable and hazard-filled pitches in the universe. New captain super abilities, sidekick skill-shots and charging the ball add a new level of depth to an already crazy soccer battle.
  • Compete against friends and other strikers in online matches over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
  • Flick the Wii Remote to slam foes into the walls. Playing as the goalie, point the Wii Remote at the screen to manually defend against Mega Strike kicks.
SMS_Screenshot08_Mar01.jpgSMS_Screenshot10_Mar01.jpgSMS_Screenshot12_Mar01.jpg

Super Paper Mario

Launch Date: April 9, 2007
ESRB: E (Everyone) – Comic Mischief, Mild Cartoon Violence
Game Type: 2-D/3-D Side-Scrolling Action Platformer with RPG Elements
Players: 1

• What at first glance appears to be a 2-D side-scroller ripped straight from the stylized pages of the Paper Mario universe soon turns into a hilarious dimension-shifting platformer possible only on Wii.
  • Players run through vibrant 2-D worlds, stomping on enemies and breaking blocks ... then, with the press of a button, they flip into 3-D.
  • Players can shake the Wii Remote to pull off stylish moves.
SPM_Screenshot01a_Feb21.jpgSPM_Screenshot01b_Feb21.jpg
SPM_Screenshot02_Feb21.jpgSPM_Screenshot03_Feb21bmp.jpg
SPM_Screenshot04_Feb21.jpgSPM_Screenshot05_Feb21.jpg
SPM_Screenshot06_Feb21.jpgSPM_Screenshot07_Feb21.jpg
SPM_Screenshot08_Feb21.jpgSPM_Screenshot09_Feb21bmp.jpg
SPM_Screenshot10_Feb21.jpg

Pokémon Battle Revolution

Launch Date: June 25, 2007
Game Type: Battle
Players: 1-4

• This is the first Pokémon title in the hugely popular series made for Wii, and the first Wii game to feature Wi-Fi competition.
  • This is also the first game to link Nintendo DS and Wii. When linked, players can use their DS units as controllers or import characters from Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl.
  • Players can battle in full 3-D using the Pokémon they raised in Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl.
PBR_4_heads_battle.jpgPBR_colosseum_overview.jpgPBR_Dialga.jpg

I would get soccer, I played the GC version and it was really good. lot of action, its very addictive, and im a football kinda of guy, big and burly is my modo

I am definitely going to buy SPM...I will rent Mario strikers first...I am not much of a football fan but it does look very silly.

They all look good in their own sense.

Big Brain - Learning... atleast you have some fun, but $50.00 no thanks
Mario Strikers - looks good so far
Super Paper Mario - seen enough, getting it
Pokemon Battle Revolution - pisses me off that pokemon gets awsome graphics and the first online mode... ah well

Super Paper Mario = Definite get, I believe Mario is best in his original platforming form.

Pokémon Battle Revolution = I'll probably get it, but I'm not super excited for it. Looks a little lacking in content much like the Stadium games.

Mario Strikers = Looks like a lot of awesome tastefully violent fun, online will probably be enough to get me to buy it.

Big Brain = Hell no, the only people I know who likes these games are old people and my nerdy friend. It's just not for me.

super paper mario looks good...ill probably get it

Back