Gears coming to PC

heres what i said on youtube:
okay, first off, cliffy already said they were not going to make a pc version
second, if you look at the video, all the commands are using the 360 CONTROLLER. look and youll see A and X

also just on a side note, if anything, this is maybe the announcment of an expansion pack or something, which would make more sense

Sovieto said:
heres what i said on youtube:
okay, first off, cliffy already said they were not going to make a pc version
second, if you look at the video, all the commands are using the 360 CONTROLLER. look and youll see A and X

also just on a side note, if anything, this is maybe the announcment of an expansion pack or something, which would make more sense

Having been a beta tester for Windows Live. You are incorrect.

The Windows Live games like that on the PC show the 360 controller buttons. Because ideally you are suppose to use the 360 controllers third party when playing these games.

Since most all 360 games will be on PC, why get a 360? Why even bother.

vagrant said:
Having been a beta tester for Windows Live. You are incorrect.

The Windows Live games like that on the PC show the 360 controller buttons. Because ideally you are suppose to use the 360 controllers third party when playing these games.
youre suppose to? when most people are going to play with mouse and keyboard regardless?

Just to comment on what I said before. When you have Windows Live on your PC an application opens up and it looks exactly like the blade menu on the 360. And it still shows all of the buttons from the 360 controller.

youre suppose to? when most people are going to play with mouse and keyboard regardless?

It doesn't matter the games still show the same 360 controller button icons. And since that adapter thing to have official 360 controllers work on the PC is there they could make it required for some games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Games_for_Windows_-_LIVE

666px-GfW-Live_1.jpg

OMG it shows the 360 controller button so it must be on a 360....but it's not.

Last edited:
vagrant said:
Just to comment on what I said before. When you have Windows Live on your PC an application opens up and it looks exactly like the blade menu on the 360. And it still shows all of the buttons from the 360 controller.

It doesn't matter the games still show the same 360 controller button icons. And since that adapter thing to have official 360 controllers work on the PC is there they could make it required for some games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Games_for_Windows_-_LIVE

666px-GfW-Live_1.jpg

OMG it shows the 360 controller button so it must be on a 360....but it's not.
im sorry, we werent all live beta testers though.

I agree with Vagrant on the 360 buttons showing in the games. The best examples are Rainbow Six Vegas, Lost Planet, and Halo 2 for the PC. Though the buttons show up as keyboard buttons if you are using a keyboard and mouse, but yes, they do show 360 buttons when you have a 360 controller connected. I myself have one. I don't agree with the way Vagrant made his point however, but that's besides the point.

I have seen the Epic forums, Youtube, and now Wiichat. Epic and Youtube seem to be buzzing with discussion about this video, and everyone seems to have jumped to the conclusion that it is a pc port. I think more likely, it's just their beta testing an expansion / downloadable content for the 360 game, on pc.

I think it was last year, that the guy from Epic said that they run the engine on the pc to test it. This was when people discovered the GoW exe within the nVidia drivers.

I really do hope this is a pc port, but until we hear from Epic themselves, I'm going to consider this new 360 content being tested on the PC. But I guess we wont know until we know.

That live gamer bar is pretty interesting though.

I am still holding out for a Dead Rising port. I need a freeroam game that I can keep coming back to. Ah well, all things in time.

GamerCon said:

^^ because most people don't own a graphically enhanced PC in order to play them... or they have a dirty mac.

GamerCon said:
A decent gaming PC costs far more than a 360. Not to mention I prefer to relax on the couch playing video games rather than sit at a desk.

Awesome, now maybe you will be able to aim properly (aka with a mouse)

Back