Gears of War comming to Mac!

Can someone tell me a rough estimate of the system requirements for this game?

I'm probably gonna upgrade the computer, at the moment the best I've got is a Toshiba Satellite Pro...:

- Centrino Duo (Don't have a clue what that is)
- 512MB RAM
- ATI Mobility Radeon X1400
- Says something about "Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz

But yea, would be simple if I'd just need to upgrade the RAM thing, any suggestions on what to do?

Cool for the Mac thing by the way.

Last edited:
Celestial said:
Can someone tell me a rough estimate of the system requirements for this game?

I'm probably gonna upgrade the computer, at the moment the best I've got is a Toshiba Satellite Pro...:

- Centrino Duo (Don't have a clue what that is)
- 512MB RAM
- ATI Mobility Radeon X1400
- Says something about "Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz

But yea, would be simple if I'd just need to upgrade the RAM thing, any suggestions on what to do?

Cool for the Mac thing by the way.

Add a gig of ram and you should be able to run the PC version just fine. And you have the Dual-Core processor.

Cool, thanks! You can upgrade the ram on a laptop right? Not very good at this stuff, my brother told me that you can't upgrade a lot of things on a laptop

Celestial said:
Cool, thanks! You can upgrade the ram on a laptop right? Not very good at this stuff, my brother told me that you can't upgrade a lot of things on a laptop

Yes you can.

But since you just mentioned the computer is a laptop, that means the x1400 ati card you have is a Mobility card. I bet you have the same laptop at me. And the mobility cards aren't all that great for gaming. So I am not positive it will run well on your laptop.

paintba||er said:
Would it look better on a 360 or on this?

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB RAM
256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

Edit: tnargav, why do you have Vagrants sig and avy?

Because I'm vagrant obviously detective paintballer.

And honestly it all depends on what they are doing for the game. It would probably look equal to the 360. 4gb is a bit unecessary.

The messed up thing is that for Crysis they actually recommend 4 gb and a quadcore processor.

Can I just add 1gb ram or does it have to be like.. 2 x 512mb or 2 x 1gb or 2 x 256mb... or can it be 512mb and 1gb together?

Celestial said:
Can I just add 1gb ram or does it have to be like.. 2 x 512mb or 2 x 1gb or 2 x 256mb... or can it be 512mb and 1gb together?

just buy a gig stick.

DDR ram doesn't require you to have equal ram in the slots.

My god the Wii owns... said:
The Apple fan gets excited about Gears of War coming to their oh-so-powerful Mac and spells coming wrong.
Figures.

Oh piss off, it was a typo.

Back