Gears of War is Overrated...

Syntax said:
Right now Rainbow Six is listed as the 3rd most played xbox live game and COD3 is 4th. However GoW is still number 1. Sorry but Rainbow and COD are nothing compared to Gears.

you are going on most played on live...that doesnt mean the game is better. i can understand why its number 1 on live because the story mode is wicked short so there isnt anything better to do on it except play online after 1 day of beating it.

you are going on most played on live...that doesnt mean the game is better.

Actually it does. Even though you may not like the online gameplay there are many others who love it. Also if you want to prove this game is over rated (sp) try proving it.

I'm not trying to be mean but if your going to prove a game is overrated try to prove it to me.

Also next time just edit your previous post instead of double posting.

Last edited:
how can you compare zelda and gow. two totally different games. i dont have a 360 but i played it at my friends house and once you get used to the game, i seriously wanted to buy a 360 just to play gow online. it is a baddass game. and thats that. so stop hula hoopin like a idiot on wario wares and play some real games.

how can i prove that it is or isnt overrated other than my opinion...what u want me to do go into some massive computer and ask it the all mighty question if gow is overrated , dont be stupid.

So I worded it wrong, sorry. Fixed.

online play is meh...and gameplay is meh

Try going into detail..

Last edited:
swiper said:
wat are you talking about...???next gen hardcore game.? wtf is that suppost to mean. its just another game but with good graphics and bad gameplay , there are pleanty of games that are better than that hacked up graphics fest...the game play is bad its quirky..everytime you go to run and hide behind stuff its not very responsive making it quirky...the aiming system sucks and the button scheme isnt laid out properly..
thats your fault for being a newb, thats how most people start off but then you use everything to your advantage and thats when it becomes addicting, how dose the aiming system suck? and the button layout is as good as it gets IMO, theres nothing wrong with it, it is responive if your not a newb youll learn how to ues it better'

so swiper, the awnser to your beliefs is simple, your a newb at gow :thumbsup:

I have to say i'm not surprised that everyone on this forum dislikes GOW because... its a wii forum...

I own GOW and i LOVE it. It is not overated. Give it a chance, i SUCKED at first but now im decent at the online multiplayer and play it 2+ hours a day.

I owned a wii and zedla but sold it to get my 360 with GOW...

And i do think that GOW is better then Zelda:TP.

Sovieto said:
http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/747/747891.html
read that and theres only 1 section on visuals

but after reading thta again i found out why most of you are turned off by gow
you all like ninty so your not really hardcore gamers, GoW is basically, a next-gen hardcore game, i dont think anyone can deny that, now im not trying to make fun of you guys or anything, or target every single one of you, but ninty isnt hardcore and of course, its not really targeting hardcore gamers, so it makes since this kind of feedback is given

are you basing this hardcore description on the difficulty of the game?.

if GoW had cel shaded graphics with comic sound fx but the same gameplay and challenge, would it still be 'hardcore'?. i think the insane difficulty levels and multi-player add challenge for hardcore elements, but sometimes its hard to see past the gore etc.. i think gow is very casual from the outset(easy to play through on novice setting) but has settings to please the more ambitious(hardcore) gamers too.

now about 'nintendo isnt hardcore' :cornut: what was the last 'Single-player' nintendo title you finished?. Games like Metroid Prime, Mario Sunshine etc have some very difficult parts, and did you ever unlock every character in Mario Kart: DD?, get every shine in Mario sunshine(that was freaking hard)?... and gameplay in multi-player games like SSBM make for some of the most hardcore gaming around imo.

I think many nintendo games demand you to get very involved (like zelda - i also think this is the reason many cant get into it), so in that sense i think nintendo games are hardcore in a different way to gears of war for example.

I have been playing games for about 15 years i went through nes/snes, megadrive, gameboys, game-gears, dreamcast, playstation 1/2, xbox, n64/gc and had many games for all of them, im not just saying this becuase im a ninty fanboi etc.. i honestly believe nintendo games have/have had some of the most demanding and deep gameplay around. I know wen i get galaxy im gonna be in for a good challenge, especialy to collect all the star things.

Back on topic: I dont think GoW is over-rated, except whene people say its the best game for years, theres been a handful of games at the same level.

imae said:
are you basing this hardcore description on the difficulty of the game?.

if GoW had cel shaded graphics with comic sound fx but the same gameplay and challenge, would it still be 'hardcore'?. i think the insane difficulty levels and multi-player add challenge for hardcore elements, but sometimes its hard to see past the gore etc.. i think gow is very casual from the outset(easy to play through on novice setting) but has settings to please the more ambitious(hardcore) gamers too.

now about 'nintendo isnt hardcore' :cornut: what was the last 'Single-player' nintendo title you finished?. Games like Metroid Prime, Mario Sunshine etc have some very difficult parts, and did you ever unlock every character in Mario Kart: DD?, get every shine in Mario sunshine(that was freaking hard)?... and gameplay in multi-player games like SSBM make for some of the most hardcore gaming around imo.

I think many nintendo games demand you to get very involved (like zelda - i also think this is the reason many cant get into it), so in that sense i think nintendo games are hardcore in a different way to gears of war for example.

I have been playing games for about 15 years i went through nes/snes, megadrive, gameboys, game-gears, dreamcast, playstation 1/2, xbox, n64/gc and had many games for all of them, im not just saying this becuase im a ninty fanboi etc.. i honestly believe nintendo games have/have had some of the most demanding and deep gameplay around. I know wen i get galaxy im gonna be in for a good challenge, especialy to collect all the star things.

Back on topic: I dont think GoW is over-rated, except whene people say its the best game for years, theres been a handful of games at the same level.
hardcore is like button mashing medium to learn almost impossible to master, a lot of things required to consider during gameplay
and yah a game like SSBM is a hardcore game, but nintendo isnt targeting them with wii and dosent have any with wii, but people mistake more casual games for kiddy games which is where that tag comes from, which is not what im saying at all though incase you were thinking that

Last edited:
at the end of the day. its just a game. its there for entertainment and enjoyment. i mean i havent personally played gow. i have however observed people playing it. and it is no doubt a beautiful game. and theres no way to deny that the looks make it much of what it is. but there IS a reason why its so popular and why all of you are talking about it right now

i played it round my mates house i was amazed how good the graphics were on a standard tv, i thought it was good but i preferred rainbow six more

lol does everyone hate sovieto here or something? i remember when he was hyped for the wii:lol:

Back