Gears of war

T_T i need my gears of war... played it at a games store, and the manager had to ask me to leave or let others play too :arf:

i think gears is an alright game, but it is REALLY damn short. i beat the game in around 6 hours on casual, and have almost beat it again on hardcore (around 10 hours). multiplayer is lacking though...it does have its team deathmatch which is generally really fun but come on...how about a free-for-all slayer based match? ctf? anything? its lacking big time when it does come to multiplayer. GoW is one of the best games I have played this year, and it probably will be game of the year. But it really does lose its lasting appeal, after you collect all 30 COG tags theres nothing else to really do.

You have to take GoW for what it really is. Its a first step in the right direction and hopefully when GoW2 comes out, it will be a hell of a lot tighter and better. Cant wait.

Omg, I love this game, just got it today and I'm not much for single player, I usually get bored fast and go online but I havent even went online with GoW yet, but I'm sure when I do, I'll love that as well.

Half-lifefan22 said:
Yeah ****in right. Have you played Gears yet? Gears of War will have something very very powerful that Zelda will never have... ONLINE PLAY

The thing is....Zelda dosnt need online play!
I beleive its either this or Zelda thats getting game of the year! have you ever played Zelda???!!!
Anyways your opinion........

Last edited:
yes i have Gears, and after playing it and Zelda: TP, i have to say that Gears is going to be the GoTY.

Mainly because I greatly enjoyed both games, but Gears has much more lasting appeal with Xbox Live.

There is no denying Gears of War will be game of the year. Zelda is awesome, but it's a sequel of sequels. Zelda already won it's awards and got the respect it deserved. Now GoW needs it's honors. It's the first memorable next-gen new IP title and it rocks. It will certainly win 2006, no doubt.

Gears of War is easily the best looking game of the year, if not ever, and the gameplay/sound effects/voice overs/story, etc puts a lot on the table, as well.

But being Game of the Year, you gotta be the BEST in all fields. I'm sure Gears of War will easily get X-Box 360 Game of the Year, but being the Game of the Year for the whole year... well... that award might be nabbed by another title.

Goty...maybe. it is TOTALLY awesome. but it is hard to compare zelda to gears of war dude.

I think final fantasy xii is pretty wicked, but I dont know if that will hold up either. Unfortunately, final fantasy does not seem to have that same zeal as it used to.....at least not this one. I think however that Halflife 2 ep 2 is AWESOME. definitely GOTY material.

I have GoW and I played it co-op, and we beat it in 4 1/2 hours on casual six on hardcore. And I'm not a seasoned Fps. Everyone should be honest about this game, a whole year! waiting for this game and all we get is Halo 2 with better graphics. Xbox gave us this game to stay in this big console war, it was a rushed game just like Fable. And for all Xbox 360 owners in this last year what games really showed xbox capabilities? pretty quiet huh??? Zelda got this year, chuck this one up as a loss, son!

Last edited:
I have GoW and I played it co-op, and we beat it in 4 1/2 hours on casual six on hardcore. And I'm not a seasoned Fps. Everyone should be honest about this game, a whole year! waiting for this game and all we get is Halo 2 with better graphics. Xbox gave us this game to stay in this big console war, it was a rushed game just like Fable. And for all Xbox 360 owners in this last year what games really showed xbox capabilities? pretty quiet huh??? Zelda got this year, chuck this one up as a loss, son!
your basing this fact on you played CO-OP on CASUAL? duh its easy, and + if your both starting off then you play hardcore on coop, 1 player casual on first run = co-op hardcore on first run
play it on insane, go for achievements, PLAY ONLINE! + halo 1 storyline was very short, but lets not want GoW2 to have a single player boring and dragged on like halo 2's

I guess you didn't read it so well, WE beat it in 6 hours on hardcore!

Back