Generic Wii Component Cable Problem

sint

WiiChat Member
Dec 26, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Wii Online Code
5220-4373-3309-4372
Today, I received, hooked up, and adjusted the Wii settings to accomodate the $14 generic component cable I bought from ebay. It works and it appears a bit clearer, but everything is significantly darker than using the composite cable. Madden 07, the characters appear so dark that the player numbers can hardly be read off the jerseys and the fans in the stands appear so dark that the fans can hardly be distinguished from one another.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or should I return the cable and purchase a better quality one???

sint said:
Today, I received, hooked up, and adjusted the Wii settings to accomodate the $14 generic component cable I bought from ebay. It works and it appears a bit clearer, but everything is significantly darker than using the composite cable. Madden 07, the characters appear so dark that the player numbers can hardly be read off the jerseys and the fans in the stands appear so dark that the fans can hardly be distinguished from one another.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or should I return the cable and purchase a better quality one???

You should buy the Nintendo one. . .you buy crap you get crap.

Well I have the nintendo one at 40$ and I have the exact same problem. The colors are perfect when I watch satellite tv but on Madden, it's WAY too dark. Any idea?

Thanks.

I bought the REACT brand component cables for my Wii and the difference very noticable and looks fantastic. Are you playing on HD set? I know the Wii isn't in HD, but I'm not sure that the component cables are going to make much of a difference on a standard resolution tube TV.

ya make sure you enable HDTV/EDTV in the Wii settings. I bought generic ones too off Ebay and mine looks pretty good. Did you buy the ones that dont even come in a box? Thats what I bought.

Yeah I did change the wii settings to 420p and the cable are the nintendo one. I bought them from nintendo.ca with the wi-fi connector. It's cool to surf the web with the wii but it's kind a dark too. I have not tried wii sports yet wiht the component cables.

yeah,i'll just tweak the settings and should be fine. It,s just weird that a cable change affect the darkness so much. fyi,i just typed this on the WII!!! :)

I bought the same cables that didn't come with a box off of ebay. I returned them and bought the Nintendo cables instead. I still have the same problem. The image is still not as vibrant as the composite cables, but it is tolerable.

Back