Genesis Model 1 no picture,annoying sound,black/white screen?

Tekken Fan

WiiChat Member
May 12, 2011
Georgia
i got a model 1 Genesis from a thrift store for $3.93(yay) but didn't have a game yet.so i got Weaponlord today to use with my Power Clutch SG fighting stick.so because i don't have a Genesis RF switch i tried to use the Nes RF switch but all i get is no picture,an annoying sound and a black screen with 3 stripes going across(2 black 1 white).everything is hooked up correctly(1 part of the RF switch is connected to the back of my TV and the others are connected to the Genesis and a VCR)but the game won't come up.what's wrong with my Genesis?

First thought.
Is it the game?
Try another

Or give it the old blow job and put it in and take it out of the slot a few times.

(The cart and Mega Drive im talking about)

First thought.Is it the game?Try anotherOr give it the old blow job and put it in and take it out of the slot a few times.(The cart and Mega Drive im talking about)
I don't think it's the game because i tried the Genesis without the cartridge aswell as blowing the cartridge and what you mentioned above.

^you so mean.

There is something wrong with a nes RF switch when it's in a genesis, that is why your frankensega is colorblind.

go see if your nes RF switch still works in a nes, go buy the rest of your sega. *edit* google yourself a nes/snes/genesis1 universal switch, it might suit you.

*edit2* oh yes forgot what the vcr was for, doublecheck that old clunk o' junk too.

Last edited:
You want wrong?
Mega Drive being powered off a Spectrum lead
Mega Drive two being powered off a PSOne power lead

Back