Get Metroid or pass?

Wiitime if u cannot easily beat zelda DO NOT TOUCH METROID. from my experience metroid prime on GC was the most uncompletable game ive had since banjo kazooie. Half the time u dont know what to do and u get rushed from monsters and stuff that come out of nowhere. metroid prime was impossible.
Im really good at games like zelda and i complete every game i get apart from banjo and metroid.

if this game is like its predessecor then do not TOUCH. rent it

mk_south_london said:
Wiitime if u cannot easily beat zelda DO NOT TOUCH METROID. from my experience metroid prime on GC was the most uncompletable game ive had since banjo kazooie. Half the time u dont know what to do and u get rushed from monsters and stuff that come out of nowhere. metroid prime was impossible.
Im really good at games like zelda and i complete every game i get apart from banjo and metroid.

if this game is like its predessecor then do not TOUCH. rent it
Metroid wasn't THAT bad. I mean, sure there was a bit of backtracking, and exploring, and heck, even shooting giant bad-guys, but it was far from impossible. You just had to devise a good Tactic.

Admittedly I gave up with Ridley, right at the end, but then I gto the ending from Youtube anyway.

Also, Banjo Kazooie was quite difficult, but I managed to get through it!

Besides, I thought people said that it was actually easier than 1 and 2 because of such great controls...

Last edited:
Thank you Transfixed. Finally somebody around here is talking some sense about metroid. I agree with you 100% especially about how if metroid went online it probably wouldn't be all that great anyways.

Transfixed said:
Man, all you guys complaining about no online are really starting to annoy the crap out of me.
"I would have been interested but no ONLINE! Oh yeah I was really excited but now I DONT CARE AT ALL! No online is REALLY gonna hurt this release!"

You morons have been caught up in the hype-of-the-day, that EVERY GAME has to have some stupid-ass online capablilities tacked onto it, or it's useless, and you'll "pass".
Give me a break. How many great online gaming experiences have any of you had? There aren't even very many good games that are online AT ALL, unless you're talking PS2 war games or Splinter Cerll or something.
So what IN THE WORLD are you guys blowing all this hot air about METROID, of all games, not having any online? Who gives a crap!?! Has ANY Metroid game had online multiplayer except Hunters which wasn't even a real game? NO! Did Smash Bros Melee have online multiplayer? NO!! Have ANY of the great game classics that you've grown up with had online multiplayer? NO!!!!

So stop trying to sound all cool and mature by complaining about something that isn't even a problem. What makes any of you think that the multiplayer would EVEN BE GOOD?!? It's as though you believe that if Metroid were to have it, it would be God's Gift to the Wii, and all would be beautiful forever. It probably would be kinda lame, like in Echoes, and we'd all go back and play the story mode again anyway.

My point is, Metroid has always been one of the best game franchises in Nintendo's history. Super Metroid was one of the VERY BEST games for the SNES, Metroid Prime was one of the VERY BEST games for the Gamecube, and I have no doubt WHATSOEVER, that MP3 will kick total and complete ass on the Wii. Lack of stupid online battles WON'T CHANGE THAT A BIT.

Seriously, you kids and your ADD-like impatience for what you think is so important and necessary in games is way off the mark. A great game is a great game, just go buy the damn thing and enjoy it for what it IS, instead of pooping your diapers about what it ISN'T.
Also, learn to spell. Thanks.
i thought this rant was going to be amusing
but then i read the first paragraph...
"how many great online experiences have you had?" you obviously know NOTHING about online gaming.
k i died in my game and decided to read the rest
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111
hunters was extremely popular and still is. it makes people think: wow metroid hunters had online and was awesome so why couldnt it have online on the wii?
this generation every console should and almost is online. games like SSBM last gen couldnt help the system enough for lack of online, while people were playing splinter cell, like you said, and halo on their other consoles.
i esp. love your "trying to sound all cool and mature by complaining" part, that just jiggles my jollys. you must remember wiis little goal? get people who arent gamers and new gamers from other areas alike? well, these are the gamers, they come from ps2 and xbox with their online capablities, and they dont know what the **** metroid is besides its a first person shooter, so they naturally expect online for them to pick it up, people arent use to FPSs not being online.

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
i thought this rant was going to be amusing
but then i read the first paragraph...
"how many great online experiences have you had?" you obviously know NOTHING about online gaming.
k i died in my game and decided to read the rest
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111
hunters was extremely popular and still is. it makes people think: wow metroid hunters had online and was awesome so why couldnt it have online on the wii?
this generation every console should and almost is online. games like SSBM last gen couldnt help the system enough for lack of online, while people were playing splinter cell, like you said, and halo on their other consoles.
i esp. love your "trying to sound all cool and mature by complaining" part, that just jiggles my jollys. you must remember wiis little goal? get people who arent gamers and new gamers from other areas alike? well, these are the gamers, they come from ps2 and xbox with their online capablities, and they dont know what the **** metroid is besides its a first person shooter, so they naturally expect online for them to pick it up, people arent use to FPSs not being online.

:yesnod: yup, that's right on. like it or not online IS a substantial part of contemporary gaming, no matter what console/genre of game you're playing

and @ transfixed:

the bottom line here is that nintendo missed an opportunity to make an excellent game even better. as consumers it is our duty to demand the best value for our dollar. accepting things at face value shouldn't be as common place as you make it sound.

it's okay to wish someone had worked a little harder on a game, or taken a little longer to add certain features. i'll still more than likely buy this game, despite it having what i feel are obvious shortcomings. im just calling a spade a spade.

and before you critique anyone's spelling mistakes you may want to research proper gramatical use of the hyphen.

Nonono, you guys fail. Online is for MULTIPLAYER games. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is a SINGLE PLAYER game. Besides, with all the data on the disc they prolly couldn't FIT online. Read the article in Nintendo Power, it says a Metroid master played for 6 hours and only got 19% through the game. And the game never dropped below 60 frames/second and has amazing graphics. Add all those things together and you don't have ROOM for anything else.

@Sovieto: Why do you have to be a jack@$$ to everyone? Every thread I've seen you post in has you being a sarcastic little punk. Grow up.

S.S. said:
Nonono, you guys fail. Online is for MULTIPLAYER games. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is a SINGLE PLAYER game. Besides, with all the data on the disc they prolly couldn't FIT online. Read the article in Nintendo Power, it says a Metroid master played for 6 hours and only got 19% through the game. And the game never dropped below 60 frames/second and has amazing graphics. Add all those things together and you don't have ROOM for anything else.

@Sovieto: Why do you have to be a jack@$$ to everyone? Every thread I've seen you post in has you being a sarcastic little punk. Grow up.

yeah it's single player, we got that. but it didn't hafta be. the last two additions to the series weren't. (granted the latter was done much better)

as far as content fitting on a disc, couldn't they have just added a second disc?

Transfixed said:
Man, all you guys complaining about no online are really starting to annoy the crap out of me.
"I would have been interested but no ONLINE! Oh yeah I was really excited but now I DONT CARE AT ALL! No online is REALLY gonna hurt this release!"

You morons have been caught up in the hype-of-the-day, that EVERY GAME has to have some stupid-ass online capablilities tacked onto it, or it's useless, and you'll "pass".
Give me a break. How many great online gaming experiences have any of you had? There aren't even very many good games that are online AT ALL, unless you're talking PS2 war games or Splinter Cerll or something.
So what IN THE WORLD are you guys blowing all this hot air about METROID, of all games, not having any online? Who gives a crap!?! Has ANY Metroid game had online multiplayer except Hunters which wasn't even a real game? NO! Did Smash Bros Melee have online multiplayer? NO!! Have ANY of the great game classics that you've grown up with had online multiplayer? NO!!!!

So stop trying to sound all cool and mature by complaining about something that isn't even a problem. What makes any of you think that the multiplayer would EVEN BE GOOD?!? It's as though you believe that if Metroid were to have it, it would be God's Gift to the Wii, and all would be beautiful forever. It probably would be kinda lame, like in Echoes, and we'd all go back and play the story mode again anyway.

My point is, Metroid has always been one of the best game franchises in Nintendo's history. Super Metroid was one of the VERY BEST games for the SNES, Metroid Prime was one of the VERY BEST games for the Gamecube, and I have no doubt WHATSOEVER, that MP3 will kick total and complete ass on the Wii. Lack of stupid online battles WON'T CHANGE THAT A BIT.

Seriously, you kids and your ADD-like impatience for what you think is so important and necessary in games is way off the mark. A great game is a great game, just go buy the damn thing and enjoy it for what it IS, instead of pooping your diapers about what it ISN'T.
Also, learn to spell. Thanks.

With or without online people will find new things to complain about

lackluster dj said:
yeah it's single player, we got that. but it didn't hafta be. the last two additions to the series weren't. (granted the latter was done much better)
There might be multiplayer, it's just most likely not online. And even so, the one player is much more fun anyway...with Hunters, the Online play was a good thing: I still haven't managed to beat that damn game, but I love playing multiplayer. As for MP2 however, multiplayer is fun for a short while and the one player is ultimately more satisfying. People are buying the game so they can finally see what happens next in the series, as well as the innovative controls. When they want multiplayer they play Hunters, Halo, or (come December 3rd) Brawl. This was never intended to be multiplayer, and adding it on to make people happy would have made them look cheap and people would complain about that as well.

lackluster dj said:
as far as content fitting on a disc, couldn't they have just added a second disc?
That would just make things more complicated: most games make you beat one player in order to unlock multiplayer stuff...how could you do that with two discs? It doesn't work like a computer...

S.S. said:
There might be multiplayer, it's just most likely not online. And even so, the one player is much more fun anyway...with Hunters, the Online play was a good thing: I still haven't managed to beat that damn game, but I love playing multiplayer. As for MP2 however, multiplayer is fun for a short while and the one player is ultimately more satisfying. People are buying the game so they can finally see what happens next in the series, as well as the innovative controls. When they want multiplayer they play Hunters, Halo, or (come December 3rd) Brawl. This was never intended to be multiplayer, and adding it on to make people happy would have made them look cheap and people would complain about that as well.

That would just make things more complicated: most games make you beat one player in order to unlock multiplayer stuff...how could you do that with two discs? It doesn't work like a computer...

i agree that the multiplayer in mp2 took a backseat to the single player. again though, i still like this game, and will probably pick it up, it's more about the missed opportunity to me to make this game even more epic.

i don't think anyone would have complained about adding multiplayer either.

i may be somewhat out of the loop, but i haven't played too many games that make you beat them before you can play 2 player. i can tell you i have played a few games that had the majority of the single player on one disc, and then had the multiplayer on disc 2 (medal of honor rising sun on the gamecube was like that) so it's definately possible

i was just addressing your disc space concern. it's like ps3 fanboys talking about games that will only be possible on blu ray, when an extra disc or two will get the job done just fine on a xbox360.

lackluster dj said:
i agree that the multiplayer in mp2 took a backseat to the single player. again though, i still like this game, and will probably pick it up, it's more about the missed opportunity to me to make this game even more epic.
I suppose, but unless the Hunters from MP:H are back it would be pretty lame anyway...

lackluster dj said:
i don't think anyone would have complained about adding multiplayer either.
People will complain about anything these days...especially fanboys.

lackluster dj said:
i may be somewhat out of the loop, but i haven't played too many games that make you beat them before you can play 2 player. i can tell you i have played a few games that had the majority of the single player on one disc, and then had the multiplayer on disc 2 (medal of honor rising sun on the gamecube was like that) so it's definately possible
No, I don't mean in order to play multiplayer, I mean to unlock certain features in multiplayer...like different courses weapons or hunters

lackluster dj said:
i was just addressing your disc space concern. it's like ps3 fanboys talking about games that will only be possible on blu ray, when an extra disc or two will get the job done just fine on a xbox360.
I understand, I was just pointing out why I didn't think it would work.

If it had online it would be, but seeing as the one player is greater than Halo's and Halo's multiplayer is greater than MP3's I'd have to say they're simply uncomparable. I personally think it will be a better game, but I wouldn't say they are all that similar. Besides, it would be vice-versa: Metroid Prime came first and Halo would therefore be Microsoft's answer to Metroid if they were comparable.

Okay, here's my deal with online play...

I started playing online games with Star Wars Galaxies and conitinued with Halo 2 and World of Warcraft.

The MMO games have been a pretty positive experience, but mostly because I don't often use voice chat when I play those games. Halo 2 was a completely different story. The game started out pretty fun. I loved the levels and the games and the tactics and everything, but having to listen to all those internet bad boys talk **** to me because they knew I couldn't do anything about it really sucked. Still, I understand that it's in man's nature to grind his foe into the ground after he conquers him. But then the cheating started...that was the last straw. People using glitches and standby-ing their modems to gain an unfair advantage and THEN talking **** to me about it...over the internet...made Halo 2 unplayable for me. I went from really enjoying the online experience of playing against total strangers, to only wanting to play with my friends at each others' houses.

A lot of people complain about the friend code thing, and I agree that it does limit your game competitors, but at least I don't have to worry about my friends cheating me out of the game and then talking **** to my face and pretending that it was skill that led them to the victory.

S.S. said:

roflmao @ second comment
rofl @ first part as well. i seriously doubt they dont have enough space on the disc. audio is the thing that takes up most of any games space. besides that, things like games that stream a lot might take up more space. but a single player shooter? please. games like bioshock would max out on space if anything, and im pretty sure bioshock and mp3 are on the same disc formats (correct me if im wrong) 30 hours to complete a game? unless theres like "everytime you beat the game a part of samus unviels" there might not be too much to replay it for, but idk, with nintendos recent history a naked samus is a little too much for its audience to handle. but all that aside, the amount of backtracking and scratching your head you need to do in metroid, 6/19% dosent sound like much to begin with.

@the 2 discs comment lack made. SURE, they could. its been done. golden eye rouge agent on the GC had 2 discs. disc 1 was most of the game, disc 2 was the rest of the game + multiplayer

Last edited:
Back