gettin rid of wii

wii fun yes. but being labeled a next-gen system i think it's fair to all wii owners that we get are large share of games released for how can i say this 'next-gen' systems (multi platform if you will). even if it means a dumb down version, at least the wii is holding it's ground against the competitors and not make customers turn to other systems

just think, next Burnout muti platform; yes the PS3 and XBox 360 looks better and the wii looks less impressive but damn people would like to try meneuvers using the wiimote (if implemented corretly)

but i don't see it happening, it's kinda a let down for consumers to purchase a next-gen system and not have next-gen games offered on other systems

all in all though, like i said before. i still stand by my puchase regarless

but just another take...

Last edited:
i dont see why you have to have 1080p to be next gen why is it about graphics... the wii is indeed next generation because its not a gamecube, xbox, or PS2. That is how generations work i think not on how good the graphics look... and thats my rant sorry

Belmont said:
i dont see why you have to have 1080p to be next gen why is it about graphics... the wii is indeed next generation because its not a gamecube, xbox, or PS2. That is how generations work i think not on how good the graphics look... and thats my rant sorry
it's not next gen as far as graphics are concerned ,but in the wii's case, it's all about the controls (as was said, it's not just HD that makes a system next gen, but new ideas also are a major part

elmo_999 said:
keep it and buy a 360 or ps3 when you muster up some cash.

sweet jesus! As a 14 year old, I don't have a job so that would never happen to me. Although I do have a summer job. But all that money goes to random inpluse buys.

gotta love random inpluse buys.

Belmont said:

not to sure if your commenting on my opinion but i wasn;t talking about graphics. just saying wii owners should be entitles to multi-platform titles (3rd party holds a larger share of the gaming software)

take last gen GC/PS2/XBox, Gamecube had it's share of multi platform titles
but towards the ends developers stop Gamecube multi's. it made sense since the Gamecube only had small share in the gaming industry something around 14% shared with XBox i think and Gamecube owners were a younger audience (no offenses). and ps2 got all the titles even though it was less capable system...

well the tables have turned at least right now, so developers should take notice and give wii owners a share of their pie. Nintendo has perfectly market the wii drawing in a largers age group of consumers (myself being one of them) and like i said before i don't care if it's less graphically impressive version of a new release title but damn just give Nintendo owners something to rejoice about...

**edit i don't care if my typing is bad. i'm good at what i do at my work place and thta's all that matters**

sorry if it's hard to read...

Last edited:
:ee5k: Traitor! lol keep your wii and save for a ps3

your still online zeon9881...

matter is no one is a traitor if they decide to jump boat, their life so whatever makes them happy

Nemix i agree with you... my comment was not really about yours just the public in general tend to not include the wii as a next gen system and i really feel that it is

keep ur wii man, even if u do buy a ps3

cheers for all ure suggestions got to make my decision by 5 gmt so will get back to u all

also my tv is 720p and it looks unbeleiveable i dont see the point of the 1080p my mates are getting the 1080p cause mines 720 but its ok cause mine looks ace and i got mine first

If I were you I would just wait a few months, quite a few top games are coming out this year. But meh its your choice.

I sold my WII .. and now im trying to get 1 again because the online games are coming :O

Nemix said:
wii fun yes. but being labeled a next-gen system i think it's fair to all wii owners that we get are large share of games released for how can i say this 'next-gen' systems (multi platform if you will). even if it means a dumb down version, at least the wii is holding it's ground against the competitors and not make customers turn to other systems

just think, next Burnout muti platform; yes the PS3 and XBox 360 looks better and the wii looks less impressive but damn people would like to try meneuvers using the wiimote (if implemented corretly)

but i don't see it happening, it's kinda a let down for consumers to purchase a next-gen system and not have next-gen games offered on other systems

all in all though, like i said before. i still stand by my puchase regarless

but just another take...
read the first part and would like to point out wii is getting tons of ps2 ports

dingo3784 said:
the ps3 is £300 so its a bargain
There was a second hand one for that in a store near(ish) me. If you shopped around you wouldnt need to sell things.

Yeah I wouldn't sell my Wii...tbh even if I didnt want it anymore (which wouldnt happen because I love sit to bits) I still wouldnt sell it, just save for another console to sit next to it. But hey, your choice.

Back