Getting a Wii for my Birthday

Tankshow

WiiChat Member
Jun 11, 2007
Finally found a Wii and I am going to get it for my birthday (in 3 weeks).
I have to make a birthday list right away, so I am trying to decide which games to ask for. This is what I am thinking:

Legend of Zelda: TP (only heard good things about it)
Wii Play (I know the games are crappy, but its a good value and I need a wiimote)
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (had a Wario Ware game before and liked it, also got good reviews)
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz: (looks fairly fun and seems like it has good replay value)

Others I am considering: Mario Party 8, Excite Truck, and Resident Evil 4.

I would like your opinion on which games I should get, what you like/dislike about the ones I named, stuff like that. Keep in mind I often have friends over to play. Also, if you have another game in mind that you think I should really consider, then please name it and say what is so good about it. All help is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
oh man, this is such a dilemma, another kid who gets whatever they ask for? what ever are you to do?

Lol.

Back on topic,

Twilight Princess: One of the most overrated games for the Wii. It's a lot of fun at first but it's so stretched out and repetitive that it gets old.

Wii Play: Another bad game. Why do you think they added a controller with it? If it wasn't for Wii Sports, Wii Play would've came with your Wii. The mini games are horrible. Get a Wii-mote and a second nunchunk instead.

Wario Ware: I've been looking at this game for a while. I want something that you can pick up and play such as this game. I've heard good reviews on it so this might actually be a good buy.

Monkey Ball: I've only played one monkey ball game and I couldn't get into it. If you're a fan of the games then you should pick it up.

My Recommendation:
Get Mario Party 8 and save up for more wii-motes. If you're going to use it a lot with friends and parties then you should save up for more controllers.

I hope this helped a little. Congrats on your Wii (hopefully)!

Last edited:
dont get banana blitz its horrible
and if you get wario dont get mario party
and wario scored much higher than mario party anyways so get wario if you want to decide
excite truck is a really small game that offers very little replay value

No, penguinphil, I'm not a spoiled brat. Basically all I am getting is the Wii and I will probably just get a couple of games, these are just ideas. If you are not going to help, please don't post at all.
Gr34t3st and Sovieto, thanks for the help. However, I can't get a wiimote and nunchuk for the same price as Wii Play. It would cost $10 more. I am mostly hearing negative things, other than Wario Ware, so if you guys have any ideas that would be great.

Imo:

Zelda: YES
WiiPlay: YES
SMB: NO*
WarioWare: YES**
MP8: YES**
RE4: YES***
*Ive heard this game is incredibly hard to control, to the point where it becomes unplayable
**Either get Wario Ware OR Mario Party 8, I wouldnt get both. Personally, I would get a mini-game overload. I would choose MP8 out of those two, but thats your call.
***Absolutely without a doubt. Not only was it one of the best games for cube, but it will use the wii-remote motion sensing AND will only be $30.

If I were you, I would also get Mario Strikers Charged, coming to the US on July 30. However, you also need to save up for SSBB, SMG and MP3C, assuming you are the average Ninty fan :wink:

Rep if info is helpful.

-Save yourself $25 and get the GC version if you were planning on getting the Wii version.
-I didn't know nunchucks and wii-motes cost that much. Get WiiPlay. It will only appeal to you for a day or 2.
-If you're deciding on Wario Ware or Mario Party, get Mario Party. It's more party friendly.

How come no one has mentioned SSX Blur? I own it and I love it. It's one of the most fun games on the Wii IMO. The graphics are just right, the music is great, and the controls are awesome (much more intuitive than button combos). If you enjoy snowboarding games, or want a good pick up and play game that has plenty to do, then grab this. I think it's one of the most underrated games on the Wii.

Back