Getting A Wii

Well, it depends how old you are, do you like playing with your family do you enjoy shooter's over mini party games if your over 13 don't enjoy the family and like shooting stuff go for the 360

ok thanks a lot, yeah i'm a shooter guy, 15
i don't have enough for ps3 so that ain't part of it
but yeah good points, i might get wii first though, and save up for 360 later hopefully before halo 3 and gta IV comes out
but thats only if i find a job before then cause the problem is i like the whole motion sensing thing and since the wii is new it does not have as much stuff
remember when psp first came out, how badly a lot of things were done and then after a bit everything got really good so thats the only problem

Redrum13 said:
ok thanks a lot, yeah i'm a shooter guy, 15
i don't have enough for ps3 so that ain't part of it
but yeah good points, i might get wii first though, and save up for 360 later hopefully before halo 3 and gta IV comes out
but thats only if i find a job before then cause the problem is i like the whole motion sensing thing and since the wii is new it does not have as much stuff
remember when psp first came out, how badly a lot of things were done and then after a bit everything got really good so thats the only problem
How would you plan on having your 360 setup? Would you get the core, premium, or elite? Would you get Live? Would you get the charge and play pack? Would you need a WiFi adapter? Because when you add all the thing up the 360 will usually cost more than a PS3. If you just got a Premium 360 and Live it will cost more than a PS3 would. If you like shooters then I wouldn't reccomend the Wii since it doesn't have much in that category. Pretty much all you have for that right now is Red Steel. Also IMO the PSP never got better. It still sucks. I hate mine....

paintba||er said:

Wow, I didn't know my money had a waist. The graphics are pretty close, but the PS3 is capable of slightly better graphics. Ya, of course games that were ported from the 360 are going to look better on the 360 and the developers have had a year longer to work with the 360. Of course the 360 has better games right now, it has been out for twice as long and has had time to build up a decent library, but if you compare it when it was at the same point in its life it wasn't doing so good. It isn't cheaper once you add all the things you have to buy in. Just paying for Live makes the 360 more expensive than the PS3. The Wii having the best games is completely opinion and you can't state it like a fact. The PS3's online completely pwns that of the Wii. Who buys a console to lose weight anyway? Go running or something, get out of your house. Or does the sun burn your eyes? So if you want great gaming right now, get a 360. If you want a bunch of casual games get a Wii. If you want very great gaming in the future get a PS3.

But you do need to buy an hd tv to experience the full effect of the blu-ray and graphics no? And with the 360 at least hd is an option, unlike blu-ray is.
So all in all ps3 isn't entirely cheaper than 360.
And great games for Ps3?..you mean a few exclusives and some more 360 ports?

CantGetAWii said:
But you do need to buy an hd tv to experience the full effect of the blu-ray and graphics no? And with the 360 at least hd is an option, unlike blu-ray is.
So all in all ps3 isn't entirely cheaper than 360.
And great games for Ps3?..you mean a few exclusives and some more 360 ports?
Ya, getting either a 360 or a PS3 is pointless if you don't have an HDTV. And what does it matter if HDDVD is an option? That is one of the worst things about the 360. If the 360 use the HDDVD drive for games they could be so much better. I was just having a convo at 360Chat today about how short Gears is. The reason? DVD. If MS would have went with one of the next gen media formats it could have been much longer. But what does that have to do with it being cheaper? Figure you get a premium 360 and Live. Assuming you have the console for five years (since it should be at least that long until the next generation of consoles come out) you will be spending $650. Where you could get a PS3 that has free online, (though it isn't quite as good) Blu-ray, a bigger HDD, and a lot of other **** for $150 less. The PS3 has many great exclusives and more that interest me than the 360. The 360 has more better games out right now, but that is because it has been out for twice as long. You can't expect a console to instantly have an excellent game lineup. But I am actually looking forward to lots of PS3 exclusives, there are only a few 360 exclusives that have been announced that I want. And most of the good games that I'm looking forward to for the 360 are mulitplatform. So IMO the 360 is the best right now, but the PS3 seems to have a much brighter future.

I love all this talk about how the wii is good if you play with your family. Apparently I'm the only one who plays the wii with friends?

Funny, I've got many friend and family, but I've never played it much with friends or family, I usually rather play it alone. @_@ but I also don't have many minigames, I still have a blast.

my suggestion, get a Wii first, then save up for either a ps3 or 360.

Get a 360 and then purchase Enchanted Arms. It is sure to make you wish you bought a Wii.

Waste, my bad.Didnt realize I had to spell every word(or use the correct word useage)correct here.I can see my English 12 teacher now down grader me the way you have.But its all good I love hearing all the feed back from my posts.

Also the Wii console can make you take off inches from your waist when Wii Fit is released very soon.So dont say cant when its possible.ANd with the Wii anything is possible.

Vappy said:
Get a 360 and then purchase Enchanted Arms. It is sure to make you wish you bought a Wii.
Why does nobody besides me like that game?

FewFirstChoice said:
Waste, my bad.Didnt realize I had to spell every word(or use the correct word useage)correct here.I can see my English 12 teacher now down grader me the way you have.But its all good I love hearing all the feed back from my posts.

Also the Wii console can make you take off inches from your waist when Wii Fit is released very soon.So dont say cant when its possible.ANd with the Wii anything is possible.
LOL I just thought it was kinda funny the way you repeat it. "Yes I said waist." I didn't say it can't either. I said why not just go do something? Go lift weights or go running or something, it will work better than playing games.

Vappy said:

Or... he could get Gears... and be happy for a VERY long time :)

I always wanted to try Enchanted Arms...

Celestial said:
Or... he could get Gears... and be happy for a VERY long time :)

I always wanted to try Enchanted Arms...

True, and not true. We all know that Gears of War was a very short game. However, online play was, and still is excellent. There's a ton of rich, amazing battles, not to mention the incredible graphics on an HD TV.

Yea, I was talking about the online, it's fantastic! :) But the game is short... Need games that last for the Wii :( SSBB!!! :(

Back