Getting Decimated

Finch

WiiChat Member
Nov 26, 2012
ny
I picked up this game for fun. Its one of my first console fps and i have been getting absolutely destroyed online. I commonly go 5kills-15death,7-20,3-18 ect. I have had a few games were i got 20+ kills, but the vast majority i have been destroyed, often ending up with the most deaths. I have tried camping, sneaking from one spot to the next, sprinting to carious pieces of cover and every other method i could think of, yet i still get killed constantly, usually not even seeing my attacker before i die. Anyways long story short, is there something i am missing? Do you guys have any tips?

Try out different controllers.
Find what works for you.
WiiMote, CCP, Gamecube controller.

Dont stop moving. When someones firing at you, move from side to side to try and avoid their hits, then go for them while they reload.

^He's right. NEVER stop moving. Sitting ducks are the easiest kills in this game!

Side note: No, not you Mike ;)

Finch I can completely relate. My original and now abbreviated screen name describes how I felt in those dark days when I started playing. My only escape was to find good spots to snipe from thereby keeping a lower profile. Slowly I came out of the shadows and started getting better at runnin' and gunnin'.

My advice, get a Pro Game Controller and try sniping. The controller will give you precision control and sniping is a good way to observe the moves and patterns other players use on the ground before you enter the fray on a regular basis.

Still have days when I feel like a sitting duck but thanks for the clarification Steve. :thumbsup:

The best controller by far is the Wii-Mote. Try adjusting the settings to find a style that suits you or pick one of the experience settings and just tweak them a little until you find something you like.

As said above ALWAYS MOVE. Ads snap is more effective on stationery targets so don't help the opposition.

Learning to hip-fire is a must, even if you get the first few bullets in from the hip then finish them off with ads it will give you an advantage.

Watch youtube vids like the one I posted in the faqs v Wiichat thread... they give you an idea of how good players use guns and play maps.

Party up with better players and don't quit matches when you are getting your arse kicked ( unless its lag related ) you can learn a lot from taking a beating if you watch how the other guy is doing it.

The most dificult skill is learning to read the game, this involves knowledge of spawn points and understanding how to read where the players on your team are. I can figure out where the opposition is via where my team mates are and an understanding of spawnpoints 90% of the time. It gives you an advantage :)

The most dificult skill is learning to read the game, this involves knowledge of spawn points and understanding how to read where the players on your team are. I can figure out where the opposition is via where my team mates are and an understanding of spawnpoints 90% of the time. It gives you an advantage :)
^ This. My brain has built-in radar hax.

The most important thing is dont give up, it may seem hard at first but as you unlock better guns and gain more experience the game gets easier.

Back