Getting errror 32004 ,software update problems

skulltaker

WiiChat Member
Jan 12, 2011
Belgium
Hello,

A copple of weeks ago i have a new nintendo wii.
I have a wireless router.. brand ; U.S Robotics, Model 5466.
1 laptop wireless on this router, and 3 base pc's on that router but all 3 with internet cable.
Also i have internet on the wii , but the error for a software update i'm still getting ??
So i can not play the latest games example ; donkey kong returns and michael jackson and all in the menu for internet is not possible to goiing in the menu of the wii because of the error update software code 32004..
Please can anywhone help me :frown5::frown5:

so the error code is coming from the disc update, not the internet itself? do you have a softmod or chipmod- any hacking going on? if so you have the problem right there.....

Sorry I don't understand all you say ,i'am from belgium you see...
What is a softmod or chipmod ,hacking ?? no I realy sure about that.
I have internet on the wii ,i can look at the weather and news ,this is all of the internet i have ...but when i want to do a update on my software its stops updating and the error 32004 comes on the screen...

sorry about that. go to nintendo's official website, you can search your code there. it says "slow or imcompatable internet connections can 'time out' and result in this error code." it goes on to say the problem might be wireless interference, it might help to change your router channel to 1 or 11, or to manually change your wii's DNS settings. hopefully you can find that information in your native language. good luck.

I'm having the same problem with a wii I bought used a couple days ago. It will play all the older games fine but when we try to play the Micheal Jackson Experience it tells me I have to update from the disk. The update always fails. I have tried hooking it up to my wireless router to get the 61212 update but I'm also getting the error code 32004. We tried to get the update over 30 times and have tried for 4 days with no luck. Whats weird is I brought my mothers wii over and hooked it up and it will update fine with my wireless router so I know its not my router. The wii I bought used will go to the weather channel and the connection tests are alway sucessful. I contected nintendo yesterday and tried all the suggestions he gave me and nothing worked. I guess the guy at nintendo got tired of helping me and ended up hanging up on me when i was on hold.

i'm sorry to hear that, normally nintendo customer service is excellent from what i've heard. i'm fresh out of ideas hopefully an old pro like skippy will come along and straighten this out. be patient.......

you have to connect to the wiiconnect24 thing and the internet and then you can update it thats what i did.

Im connected to the internet and the wiiconnect24. I called nintendo back and they tried to change some settings in my router but it didn't help. Since I was on a internet phone changing settings on my router would cause a reboot and would be disconnectd on the phone. So the guy told me to call back if it didn't work and talk to the advance wifi support which is what I'm about to do. I will keep you guys posted if I find a fix.

I just got off the phone with nintendo and they said it sounded like someone has tried to install illegal software on the wii and since I just bought it used that may be the case. The seller is refusing to give my money back so I guess you live an learn :(.

First of all thx skidmarx for the fast replay on my topic here..:wink: but my quiston is how do i change the channel on my router? ( 1 ore 11 ) Must i do this on the laptop that is wireless on that router ore on my other 3 pc's they are connected on cable with that router?
Also the most people are saying that you must change the channel on the router when you get the error code 32004 . But now i read the reaction from WII user on this topic and i'am affraid that my router getting weird and that i must reboot it ??

I don't know much about routers, online connections, or computers. maybe refer to a instruction manual for your router, either on paper or online? as long as you did not illegally modify your wii there must be some fix.

Thx my friend ... i keep on trying to find something on my router but before i do something on it ,i must be 100 procent sure , also i have no hack ore modyfy on my wii console.
I think that i must finding somewhone that have a adapter with internet slot in it ,because my adapter having no connection in my power adapter...then can i connect my internet cable on it and i'm pretty sure that this is helping.

I send my wii console to the nintendo service , hopefully its not taking to long ...sh*** i hate that ,a brandnew console ...:frown5::frown5:
I keep yuo posted when its fixed ???

Back