Getting SMG tomorrow probably. Worth it?

FRuMMaGe

Waluigi's #1 Fan!
Dec 18, 2006
England
Wii Online Code
2482-6460-3144-9934
Is the game really what it's cracked up to be? I'm not that hyped aboout it but I suppose that's a good thing. Whenever you get really hyped up about a game, no matter how awesome it is, it will never be able to live upto the level of perfection you were hoping for.

*Looks at the Halo 3 box discarded on the floor*

it seems worth it i just bought it today on my lunch break and i cant wait to get the hell home and play it!!!!

JeremyGTS said:
it seems worth it i just bought it today on my lunch break and i cant wait to get the hell home and play it!!!!

I hate situations like that!

I bought my Wii on launch and had a full day of A levels to go before I could play it!

Luckily i'm not hyped about this game at all, so if it is not as good as everyone says, I won't be disappointed.

FRuMMaGe said:
Is the game really what it's cracked up to be? I'm not that hyped aboout it but I suppose that's a good thing. Whenever you get really hyped up about a game, no matter how awesome it is, it will never be able to live upto the level of perfection you were hoping for.

*Looks at the Halo 3 box discarded on the floor*

Just last night after completing the second dome in SMG I was thinking to myself, "Man, this is the first game in years that has actually lived up to the hype surrounding it". I then went on to think that Halo 3 was very good, but entirerly too short and not that big of a jump in play mechanics or graphics...ir didnt live up to the hype, despie me vastly enjying it.

SMG, while not a huge jump in graphics over SMS, controls velvetey smooth, has no load times, uses the wiimote perfectly and, most importantly, is just plain the most fun I've had with a game since mario 64.

In short, yes, very much so worth it, especially if you weren't happy with Sunshine and preferred SMB3 or Mario64.

yeah but there is one major flaw in the game, the koopas look retarded......

i'm on the second dome now, so far i would say the game is mroe addicting than it is good, but it definetly is the best game i currently own(and i have about 15 wii games)

Mariotard said:
Just last night after completing the second dome in SMG I was thinking to myself, "Man, this is the first game in years that has actually lived up to the hype surrounding it". I then went on to think that Halo 3 was very good, but entirerly too short and not that big of a jump in play mechanics or graphics...ir didnt live up to the hype, despie me vastly enjying it.

SMG, while not a huge jump in graphics over SMS, controls velvetey smooth, has no load times, uses the wiimote perfectly and, most importantly, is just plain the most fun I've had with a game since mario 64.

In short, yes, very much so worth it, especially if you weren't happy with Sunshine and preferred SMB3 or Mario64.

Sunshine was a terrible Mario game. Don't get me wrong, I think it was a great game, just not a good "Mario game". It didn't feel like a mario game, in the same way that Metroid Prime Hunters was a great game, but a bad Metroid game.

mushroomedmario said:
yeah but there is one major flaw in the game, the koopas look retarded......

i'm on the second dome now, so far i would say the game is mroe addicting than it is good, but it definetly is the best game i currently own(and i have about 15 wii games)

Just out of curiousity, whats not "good" about it?

I respect your opinion but this game is definitely far beyond good. It controls perfectly, each galaxy has more innovation than most platformers have in a whole game and the whole experience feels refreshing while concurrently appealing to the gamers who loved Mario64.

Not attacking, just curious.

FRuMMaGe said:
Sunshine was a terrible Mario game. Don't get me wrong, I think it was a great game, just not a good "Mario game". It didn't feel like a mario game, in the same way that Metroid Prime Hunters was a great game, but a bad Metroid game.

galaxy definitely feels like a mario game. the galaxies are unique and awesome. the first time i played this game it was like going to Mario 3's big world for the first time, and thinking "this is ******* awesome!!!!"

i <3 it!

OK, i'm definately getting it now! I work at the place I'm getting it from so I will have it reserved for free, and I'll only have to pay £30 for it :lol:

Last edited:
Mariotard said:
Just out of curiousity, whats not "good" about it?

I respect your opinion but this game is definitely far beyond good. It controls perfectly, each galaxy has more innovation than most platformers have in a whole game and the whole experience feels refreshing while concurrently appealing to the gamers who loved Mario64.

Not attacking, just curious.

no it's a good game, the best game....but it's also the game that's the most addicting, and i don't like addicting games....make me late for work and ****, loz: tp was a great game, but i didn't find it addicting at all, enjoyed it when i played it though

Back