GH 3 question

cadensdad

WiiChat Member
Oct 5, 2007
What is the purpose of the note that scrolls down that has the white glowing top? There is usually one on the regular notes as well as the star notes. Thanks in advance.

You don't need to strum.. You just press the fret button, without strumming. It makes it much easier.

Nail all the notes with the glowing white top and hit the last one, you earn star power. Store up enough star power and when you get to a hard section in a song, it can save you from failing.

If the song isn't very hard and you use star power, you can further multiply your score to pretty high number.

All this should be in your manual...why didn't you check there first?

Moose said:
Nail all the notes with the glowing white top and hit the last one, you earn star power. Store up enough star power and when you get to a hard section in a song, it can save you from failing.

If the song isn't very hard and you use star power, you can further multiply your score to pretty high number.

All this should be in your manual...why didn't you check there first?

You earn star power only when you hit all the notes with star shape. The ones with glowing top with normal shape means you don't need to strum again, just press fret buttons.

those are called hammer ons and pull offs. in short, they can be played without strumming by just pressing the frets. check the in game tutorial for more details.

eskiemong said:
You earn star power only when you hit all the notes with star shape. The ones with glowing top with normal shape means you don't need to strum again, just press fret buttons.

Seriously? They changed it? I don't own GHIII for good reason.

Another reason why i will refuse to buy it. Neversoft and Activision have pretty much ruined it for me. tis a shame.

Wii_Smurf said:
Nah. More companies = more money to fund the game xD

The game was already a success (was being the keyword, 1&2 were amazing) why do they need more money? Other than getting the rights to more (and hopefully better) songs, there's no point in needing Slash to endorse the game.

Moose said:

Another reason why i will refuse to buy it. Neversoft and Activision have pretty much ruined it for me. tis a shame.

Oh really? I haven't played 1 and 2 so I didn't know it used to be like that...
I wonder why it was changed...

I think someone bought Red Octain out. Besides Activsion are great at creating online features

Moose: Theres every need to endorse Slash, He's a legend. And rights to more songs was my main aim

Wii_Smurf said:
I think someone bought Red Octain out. Besides Activsion are great at creating online features

Moose: Theres every need to endorse Slash, He's a legend. And rights to more songs was my main aim

I didn't say Slash needs to be endorsed, i said the game doesn't need to be edorsed by him. Slash is a legend, there is no doubt about that, but i don't think the game needs to be edorsed by him because the game is itself legendary.

Yeah, Activision bought out Red Octane, MTV bought out Harmonix (or atleast teamed up with them.) I hate MTV, but ironically i think Rock band is far better than GHIII.

Moose said:

actually no, they didn't change it. the notes without the black ring around the white circle (a.k.a. glowing white top) have always been hammer-ons/pull-offs (meaning they can be played by just tapping the colored fret, saving you from having to strum the note as well). what you're describing as star power notes are indeed the notes that are not circular, but star-like in shape.

it has been this way through all three games in the series.

eskiemong said:
Oh really? I haven't played 1 and 2 so I didn't know it used to be like that...
I wonder why it was changed...

Probably to make it easier. sometimes it was hard to see when you could use a hammer on and pull off, but that was fixed (atleast i think so) in GHII. far easier to do HO/PO in GHII.

Back